Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey E. Hazlewood

Horrible waste of time. Doesn't listen. Doesn't care. Doesn't want to help.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

this doctor is a workers comp puppet. he hurds you through like cattle and even though he listens to you he ignores what you say. he talks nice to you but when he is with workers comp. lawyers he slants everything in their favor. I am shocked at the few good reports I saw here , must be a friend of his. haha i would strongly suggest that you avoid him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Long term good patient but you will never build trust with this dr. will not help you when you have an emergency. not patient oriented at all. I would avoid him at all cost.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I have read some of the negative comments and I have to disagree. I went in for a nerve conduction test (worker's comp). The staff was friendly and prompt. They explained exactly what was going to happen during the procedure and the level of pain/ discomfort I could expect. Dr. Hazelwood was very friendly and warm and throughout the whole procedure, kept asking me if I was okay,etc. He also made sure that I didn't have any questions or concerns, I thought he was great.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

If only I'd found this site 15 months ago I would have been fixed by now. I am an RN with a work comp injury and despite TWO MRI's that showed a tear in my shoulder this doctor told me that my pain was psychosomatic and he could refer me to a psychiatrist to deal with my anger if I'd like. I actually suffered a Type IV Slap tear to the labrum of my shoulder that extended into my biceps tendon and am 7 weeks post-op at present. If you are referred to him for Work Comp I recommend that you avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I read the comments here and many others before selecting Dr Hazlewood. I was looking for a conservative doctor as some are to willing to over prescribe. This guy is a joke. That is if your ever get to see him. Doesn't listen, doesn't care. Agree with many, waste of time and money and am still in excruciating pain, beware of Dr. Hazlewood. The staff was very accomodating and nice. His assistant not so much.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

TOLD ME TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE I COULDGET ANY HELP FOR BACK PAIN RELIEF. IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME FOR MY WORKMENS COMP, AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. HE ALWAYS SEEMS SCARED TO PRESCRIBE ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL THERAPY OR PAIN PILLS OR MASSAGE.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Mr. Hazlewood is a complete waste of time, I was sent to him after 10 months of tests, pokes and therapy. Now understand, I have never had any back problems in my 13 years i the military or the 16 years of being a diesel mech. Until now, this "dr" said that there was no evidence of any injury, even thought he could see I was in pain and not able to walk, he said that I needed to be like a football player and get over it and get on with my lif, He returned me to work without any limitations and discharged me from any further "treatments". I was hoping the NEGATIVE posts on here were just people who were just upset, but unfortunely they were not.... This "dr" is NOT SOMEONE who cares if your in pain, just wants to look out after the insureance companys... If you are sent to this "dr", RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

This visit was a waste of time. Dr Hazlewood basically told my husband all of his pain was in his head and he needed to work through it like a Titan's football player. He then proceeded to say my husband did not have CRPS, but could not give a diagnoses or treatment plan. He was very good at saying he was a by the book kind of guy. Also very good at ignoring his patient and signs/ symptoms. The best thing he's good at is pandering to work men's comp. Beware!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I have read many negative comments about Dr Hazelwood and I absolutely disagree!!! The thing people have to remember is the neither he nor his staff are miracle workers. They are there to try to help you "manage" pain. I've had 3 back surgeries and have a titanium cage and screws holding my spine together. I will ALWAYS have pain. But Dr Hazelwood has worked with me to help me get to a place where I can learn to live with as little pain as possible.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Jeffrey E. Hazlewood's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrible waste of time. Doesn't listen. Doesn't care. Doesn't want to help. "

October 20, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "this doctor is a workers comp puppet. he hurds you through like cattle and even though he listens to you he ignores what you say. he talks nice to you but when ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Long term good patient but you will never build trust with this dr. will not help you when you have an emergency. not patient oriented at all. I would avoid h..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have read some of the negative comments and I have to disagree. I went in for a nerve conduction test (worker's comp). The staff was friendly and prompt. Th..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "If only I'd found this site 15 months ago I would have been fixed by now. I am an RN with a work comp injury and despite TWO MRI's that showed a tear in my sho..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I read the comments here and many others before selecting Dr Hazlewood. I was looking for a conservative doctor as some are to willing to over prescribe. This g..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "TOLD ME TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE I COULDGET ANY HELP FOR BACK PAIN RELIEF. IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME FOR MY WORKMENS COMP, AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. HE ALWAYS SEEMS SC..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Mr. Hazlewood is a complete waste of time, I was sent to him after 10 months of tests, pokes and therapy. Now understand, I have never had any back problems in..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This visit was a waste of time. Dr Hazlewood basically told my husband all of his pain was in his head and he needed to work through it like a Titan's football ..."

October 8, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=130000'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 1.0

February 5, 2014