Ratings for Dr. James S. Deneke

Dr. Deneke was my doctor for several years before I moved out of state. I wish I wasn't so far away from him so I could be his patient again. An excellent doctor who listens and honestly cares about his patients

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I found Dr. Deneke to be extremely professional. Answering all my questions, and listening to my concerns. I felt very comfortable explaining all my body aches to him, but I am also a person that gets to the point I will see him again if necessary!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

What a poor excuse for a Doctor!!! He does Not listen to you at all! He actually told me to take NINE ibuprofen a day,,everyday..1800 miligrams a day!! and he knew i have an ulcer and take ulcer medicine! This guy should not be allowed to practice medicine! Please go somewhere else...and don't let him make you feel bad about yourself. He acts like your pain is not even real. WHAT A JERK!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

He diagnosed me with Sjogren's Syndrome in 2011 with blood tests that confirmed it. At that time all he said was "go to the Sjogren's website" if you want more information. THAT's it! He gave me some pills to help with the dry mouth and eyes and said some back in three months. At that appointment he did not even want to talk about the Sjogren's, but kept harping on me getting a bone density test. I have not been able to get any help with the whole-body inflammation that is wracking my body. I went in last week to give him one more chance but he flunked that test, too. He is SO dismissive and acts like my complaints are all to trivial for him to take seriously. He even said I am doing well and I don't need any help! All this was without him even asking me for a complete list of everything that is going on with me these days. He even suggested that my complaints might not BE from the Sjogren's. I said what ELSE would be causing this MANY pains and problems. He just shrugged and said "Oh, it could be anything." I could not believe my ears!! This has got to be the worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life! And I am not alone! Everyone I know who has been to him says he is the biggest "do-nothing" excuse for a doctor they have ever seen. Please don't waste your time with him. You deserve better medical care than this!!! I am looking for a doctor who can actually HELP me. But it won't be in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I have seen many other doctors that couldn't help me, but Dr. Deneke diagnosed me and has treated me for a year now.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

I was referred due to severe joint pain in my hands and feet. Dr. Deneke did full bloodwork/x-rays on my first visit and started me on medication, which did help immediately. Then my second visit, I was started on a different medication but was not told of the incredibly serious side effects-especially severe birth defects (I'm a newly wed as well). I did research and asked him, but he acted as if the side effects weren't a big deal. It wasn't until my third visit was I told, after I had to ask, if I had RA. He did not suggest alternate treatment plans - just to take those meds "from now on". After two months only, no other options. Dr. Deneke is incredibly knowleadgable, but did not present any information in layman's terms. All I heard were very technical explanations. If I hadn't gotten a second opinion, I would still be taking that medication and not known about alternate treatment options.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

i have had AS for the past 10 years i am only 29 years old Deneke did find out what was wrong with me got me back feeling good but the past few years i go in he dont listen to me just gives me meds thats it no blood work no x rays i am very disappointed in him i am changing doctors now due to him i am getting worse and he wont do nothing about it i would not send anyone else to him i will say this about the staff that work there they are great very nice help out any way they can for you

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Dr. Deneke is an exceptionally knowledgeable and capable physician. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and under his care I have experienced dramatic and lasting improvement in mobility, comfort, and overall quality of life. It is a pleasure to recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

He did not tell me anything about a drug that he wanted to put me on. I looked it up and found that it could change my eye site. I told his nurse that I did not want to take this medication. She came back and told me that if I didn't want to take this medication then I could find another Dr.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Deneke is a wonderful physician. He is a very caring Dr. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

Dr. James S. Deneke's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)