Ratings for Dr. Sohail Khattak

The school was contacting regarding issues in the classroom with my 6yr old daughter. I however was not seeing these issues. The school and I worked as a team and I agreed to take her for an assessment regardless of my experiences at home. Obviously, there was a disconnect somewhere. Starting off I had to get a vision hearing screening. She failed multiple hearing tests. I proceeded with assessment as I wanted to search ever avenue. While undergoing the assessment with Dr. Khattaks team I was constantly in tears. They were not only rude to myself but did NOT treat my daughter with empathy or any sort of dignity. They diagnosed her with ODD (Opositional Defiance Disorder). They recommended respite care and medication. I told them that I would try any clinic, read any books or have an intensely structured living environment. I am not opposed to medication, but I wanted the time to explore other avenues. Their response "if you want your child to suffer until they reach the age of 54, then realize that they could do better and try medication on their own, then that's your decision to make as a parent". He then went on to say "if it helps at all I can fill paper work out so you can get extra money on your child tax credit, regardless of income" Pardon me? No thank you.... there are no words for me... Well, turns out she has conductive hearing loss in one ear. She received a hearing aid. Immediately, issues at school stopped and she quickly rose to one of the top academic students in her grade. When I called Dr. Khattak on this issue, his response was "I only get the paper work, read it, then make recommendations accordingly. Sounds to me like paper work had gotten crossed" then with a smirk says, "this happens more frequently then it should". Ok, so, PLEASE, if you have your child's best interest at heart, which I know you do, please, please, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Worst Dr. ever .. if you want your kid pumped up on pills, this is your guy. If you want solutions for their problems, find someone else. Terrible Dr. Terrible human. Hard to believe he has a license.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

If you don't want the kids and their parents to be stressed then keep the appointments as they are . This is the 3rd time your staff have messed up . And traveling all the way from oshawa to ajax is complicated eanough. You are allowed to make mistakes but yet if we parents make a mistake then you charge us $50 . Well I say you should be paying us to travel back and forth especially when you made a child come all the way there and then the place was closed and we had to wait in the dark and cold for a bus home . This is what isn't fair .

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

This whole experience with his office has been abysmal. From his incompetence all the way to his staff, who are completely unprofessional and horrifically late on everything. I brought my son for assessment in March 2016, now its late December and i'm still waiting for a copy of the assessment so I can share with his school so they can organize a special program around his needs. Also, my family Dr is waiting for a copy as well and he contacted Dr Khattak's office also and bubkus, nothing. Thirdly i needed a copy for a government program for his special needs and that has been delayed as well. This experience has been horrible and would wish for anyone who is thinking of taking their kid to Dr Khattak, to just stop and go somewhere else. Not for your sake but for the sake of your kids. This guy and his whole office are just a load of you know what.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Treats staff like they are dirt, no wonder there is high staff turnover in that office. No one is dressed professionally. Wait times are long and noise level is high in waiting room.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

His staff are amazing, him I'm afraid not so much. They do EVERYTHING for him, he walks in and out and with you for 1.4 seconds. Hes very rude. I agree with another review, he is very rude to his staff right in front of you. I was embarrassed to have my child witness this. I teach my child to treat everyone with respect and this was just embarrassing.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

His assistant would come in and do all his work and then the dr comes in to sign the prescription. im 25 years old and he put me in the kids clinic... worst dr. i do not recommend. he is so lazy and is always late.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I was recently in to see Dr.Khattak and was very disappointed with the experience. He was so disrespectful to his staff and the way he spoke to them was just unbelievable and very unprofessional. The ladies up front are doing his work and helping him and they got treated like absolute garbage. I was very disappointed to see this as I work in a similar field and would never put up with this.. Just very disappointing from a doctor to his staff.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr. Khattak and his staff were so helpful for my child and family. My son is 10 years old and was diagnosed with anxiety. Dr. Khattak and his team met with my me, my husband and my son to get information, ask questions and to complete assessments. He also gave us questionnaires to gives to my son's teachers. When I met with the Dr. for a feedback meeting, he spent time going through my son's diagnosis and how we can help him at home and at school. He also recommended different counselling options for my son and us so that we could help my son manage his anxiety. We are so grateful for Dr. Khattak! We continue to see Dr. Khattak for check-ins and value all of his recommendations.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Several years ago we brought our son to be assessed. The Dr immediately wanted our 6 year old child on two types of medication without having the results from any testing started. This consultation was initiated by myself and husband. He also wanted our son to be left in the waiting room, watching a movie, footsteps away from the 3rd balcony that overlooked the centre/main floor with no supervision. His staff were behind the glass reception and would not be watching our son, I was told. Our son was there for impulsivity control issues. In the results meeting, with my husband and eldest child (8 year old daughter) he continued to look at his cell phone stating "oh that's my wife" as well as "she is stupid about technology". He did not respond to my questions by looking at me but instead looking to my husband. Repeatedly he addressed his questions and concerns to my husband, belittling me, in front of our children. When asked several times at another meeting to which my husband was not able to attend, he told me that my questions were not valid. He continuously made me feel as invisible and that my concerns were not important. He was angry with me that a second opinion was requested, due to his writing a prescription at the first meeting to which he had met with me less than 15 minutes without the testing have started. He demonstrated gender biased negativity and we found the results vs the expenses, time off work and loss of income to attend, the hour drive and continual disrespect to motherhood did not equal the outcome. We asked 5 times for copies of the reports for our records to offer to our pediatric doctor and finally had to stand and wait while they copied it onsite for us to submit to our referring doctor. When I received the report of his findings, I highlighted areas with questions and he told me he has no time to answer them when we were at the next appointment. I had faxed them prior to the appointment. An assistant was the most welcoming and accommodating and said to us that he was disrespectful to her on more than the times I was in the office waiting, watching the interactions with his staff. He was late each time, to the 5 meetings and offered no apology or explanation, simply replying he was busy although one time he came out of the washroom still doing up his pants (!) while walking towards our meeting room. Fortunately, as with previous meetings, he did not offer his hand to shake. This man needs to be reviewed by the medical board and held to accountability. I had since filed a complaint to the governing office but see he is still ‘in business’ to my dismay.

Submitted April 10, 2016