Ratings for Dr. Sohail Khattak

My children have been under Dr. Khattak's care for about four years now. I am more than pleased with his responsiveness, professional opinion, as well as his knowledge level and ability to keep informed of new information and studies impacting children with ADHD and those on the Autism Spectrum. Although we have had a number of appointments rescheduled and at times, have had to endure lengthy waits to be seen, I appreciate that I, like other parents, want our child(ren) to be given what time they need in an appointment, and not be rushed and therefore must expect the same level of care and attention to be extended to others. I have read the criticism of Dr. Khattak noted here within and I must note that to someone as well versed and experienced as he, will recognize specific indicators of whether or not a child has ADHD /ASD or combined derivatives of these and other conditions quite quickly, especially in the presence of parent and teacher provided information (via questionnaires). I find it puzzling when people suggest that he suggests medication to readily and criticize that he suggest their children might find help in receiving said medication, almost second guessing the diagnosis and his expertise; I question if they do so with their or their child's medical doctor as well. I am glad to complete the survey's at each appointment as it provides an opportunity to evaluate any changes, improvements or regressions in their behaviour in an objective manner. Dr. Khattak also takes time to speak with my children, asking them questions about school or things they enjoy, sometimes surprising me in what he recalls from previous visits.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Staff is amazing and dr KAttack is always helpful and understanding of our difficult situation. I am adult with ADHD and have to children who fall into the autism spectrum disorders, both Dr K and staff do their best to remind us of appointments and often help ensure we are able to get the proper care we desire.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Never on time - Ridiculous considering this doctor supposedly specializes in children with ADHD...patience is not one of my son's strong suits. 5-10m late is one thing. 40-50m late is something else. Also very arrogant - once spent 15m showing me how to use the internet because I had concerns about treating ADHD with drugs, and I work in IT for a living. The one bright spot for me was his staff who do an admirable job working with the bad hand they've been dealt.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Money hungry. Pill pushing ruined my daughter wouldn't offer ongoing support to a low income singlefamilies mother

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

PLEASE RUN !!!!!!! Where is the governing body ? How can this person practice. PLEASE find another physician, your child's life depends on it.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

The school was contacting regarding issues in the classroom with my 6yr old daughter. I however was not seeing these issues. The school and I worked as a team and I agreed to take her for an assessment regardless of my experiences at home. Obviously, there was a disconnect somewhere. Starting off I had to get a vision hearing screening. She failed multiple hearing tests. I proceeded with assessment as I wanted to search ever avenue. While undergoing the assessment with Dr. Khattaks team I was constantly in tears. They were not only rude to myself but did NOT treat my daughter with empathy or any sort of dignity. They diagnosed her with ODD (Opositional Defiance Disorder). They recommended respite care and medication. I told them that I would try any clinic, read any books or have an intensely structured living environment. I am not opposed to medication, but I wanted the time to explore other avenues. Their response "if you want your child to suffer until they reach the age of 54, then realize that they could do better and try medication on their own, then that's your decision to make as a parent". He then went on to say "if it helps at all I can fill paper work out so you can get extra money on your child tax credit, regardless of income" Pardon me? No thank you.... there are no words for me... Well, turns out she has conductive hearing loss in one ear. She received a hearing aid. Immediately, issues at school stopped and she quickly rose to one of the top academic students in her grade. When I called Dr. Khattak on this issue, his response was "I only get the paper work, read it, then make recommendations accordingly. Sounds to me like paper work had gotten crossed" then with a smirk says, "this happens more frequently then it should". Ok, so, PLEASE, if you have your child's best interest at heart, which I know you do, please, please, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Worst Dr. ever .. if you want your kid pumped up on pills, this is your guy. If you want solutions for their problems, find someone else. Terrible Dr. Terrible human. Hard to believe he has a license.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

If you don't want the kids and their parents to be stressed then keep the appointments as they are . This is the 3rd time your staff have messed up . And traveling all the way from oshawa to ajax is complicated eanough. You are allowed to make mistakes but yet if we parents make a mistake then you charge us $50 . Well I say you should be paying us to travel back and forth especially when you made a child come all the way there and then the place was closed and we had to wait in the dark and cold for a bus home . This is what isn't fair .

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

This whole experience with his office has been abysmal. From his incompetence all the way to his staff, who are completely unprofessional and horrifically late on everything. I brought my son for assessment in March 2016, now its late December and i'm still waiting for a copy of the assessment so I can share with his school so they can organize a special program around his needs. Also, my family Dr is waiting for a copy as well and he contacted Dr Khattak's office also and bubkus, nothing. Thirdly i needed a copy for a government program for his special needs and that has been delayed as well. This experience has been horrible and would wish for anyone who is thinking of taking their kid to Dr Khattak, to just stop and go somewhere else. Not for your sake but for the sake of your kids. This guy and his whole office are just a load of you know what.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Treats staff like they are dirt, no wonder there is high staff turnover in that office. No one is dressed professionally. Wait times are long and noise level is high in waiting room.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016