You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sohail Khattak

This doctor moved so many time all over the province it was Hardone to keep up with him. My child was given prescription and diagnose at first appt without an assessment.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Several years ago we brought our son to be assessed. The Dr immediately wanted our 6 year old child on two types of medication without having the results from any testing started. This consultation was initiated by myself and husband. He also wanted our son to be left in the waiting room, watching a movie, footsteps away from the 3rd balcony that overlooked the centre/main floor with no supervision. His staff were behind the glass reception and would not be watching our son, I was told. Our son was there for impulsivity control issues. In the results meeting, with my husband and eldest child (8 year old daughter) he continued to look at his cell phone stating "oh that's my wife" as well as "she is stupid about technology". He did not respond to my questions by looking at me but instead looking to my husband. Repeatedly he addressed his questions and concerns to my husband, belittling me, in front of our children. When asked several times at another meeting to which my husband was not able to attend, he told me that my questions were not valid. He continuously made me feel as invisible and that my concerns were not important. He was angry with me that a second opinion was requested, due to his writing a prescription at the first meeting to which he had met with me less than 15 minutes without the testing have started. He demonstrated gender biased negativity and we found the results vs the expenses, time off work and loss of income to attend, the hour drive and continual disrespect to motherhood did not equal the outcome. We asked 5 times for copies of the reports for our records to offer to our pediatric doctor and finally had to stand and wait while they copied it onsite for us to submit to our referring doctor. When I received the report of his findings, I highlighted areas with questions and he told me he has no time to answer them when we were at the next appointment. I had faxed them prior to the appointment. An assistant was the most welcoming and accommodating and said to us that he was disrespectful to her on more than the times I was in the office waiting, watching the interactions with his staff. He was late each time, to the 5 meetings and offered no apology or explanation, simply replying he was busy although one time he came out of the washroom still doing up his pants (!) while walking towards our meeting room. Fortunately, as with previous meetings, he did not offer his hand to shake. This man needs to be reviewed by the medical board and held to accountability. I had since filed a complaint to the governing office but see he is still ‘in business’ to my dismay.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I disagree with the previous negative comments about Dr Khattak. My daughter has been under his care for three years. He is an expert in his specialty. He has been very patient in listening to our concerns, had tested and investigated our daughter's problem thoroughly and discussed her diagnosis with us in a very professional yet in a very considerate and understanding way. He gave us proper guidelines and introduced us to relevant facilities. Our daughter has progressed and improved tremendously without any medication. He will prescribe medication only if it is indeed necessary. He is well qualified in his field and we are fortunate to have our daughter under his care

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Disrespectful and condescending to his staff. I cannot stand the wait times. Diagnosis of ASD from only 5 minutes of meeting my son with testing performed by ill-trained employees? No thank you.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Dr. Khattak offers a great service to families who have children with Autism and special needs. He has a great team in Support Services that provides quality consultations; however, I am under the impression that management treats their young staff poorly. I believe this will lead to a high turnover and a lack of consistency for clients.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I have had nothing but negative experiences with this office. Staff who do not remember anything about us, constantly rely on a chart for all their info, fail to listen to my input, my concerns or ideas. Other than pushing Ritalin each and every time I go there, he was completely unable to help in ANY other way. It took me repeated phone calls and requests to finally get a diagnosis on paper, and it was left incomplete. He was unable to recommend any resources or point me in any other direction other than medication. The office failed to tell me that if we waited longer than 6 months to book an appointment, we would be dropped as a patient. Blessing in disguise I suppose. But now my son is without help, and am having to start over.

Submitted March 8, 2015

Dr. Khattack is the BEST Pediatrician I have worked with. He goes above and beyond my expectations. He is polite, empathetic, caring, considerate and proactive. He has been treating my daughter for the past few years and I can not imagine what we would have done without him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Khattak for the last 4 years with my three sons. I really like Dr khattak. My eldest son was initially seen by Dr Khattak 4 years ago, and before ANY MEDICATION was decided upon we were advised to try every natural method to help his ADHD/ODD. We changed his diet, used omega 3 oils, warm milk before bed time. Unfortunately none of this gave enough of an effect. I assume the people who have provided negative comments have just caught the staff and the clinic on a bad day or have come into the clinic with a negative attitude to begin with. In the 4 years of visiting the clinic I have not once had an unfriendly experience, never once not been seen on time, or had a negative experience. I am dismayed to hear such negativity for a clinic that has your child's best interests at heart. Dr Khattak is the most caring, considerate, and patient peadiatrician I could have had the fortune to meet. He is there for my boys 100%. He listens to me as a parent and also takes time to listen to my boys thoughts and opinions also. Unfortunately the questionnaires are an important part of your child's assessment, and enable to clinic staff to keep an on going record of your child both on and off the medication so suck it up all of you and accept this is for the benefit of YOUR child/children. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Khattak and have referred many of my friends to him all of which have had the same positive experience as myself. Everyone is too quick to judge, He has a lot of patients and if he seems rushed there is usually a genuine reason.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

If there was a negative star to select for punctuality I would have chose this. VEry unorganized office, poorly run to say the least. The doctor only knows how to provide medications .. is unable to help in any other way. So if you want your kids pumped up on drugs that will make them drug addicts in the future ... go to this Doctor. IF you want good therapeutic solutions with less medications .. find another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

While Dr K seems more or less competent, his staff is highly unprofessional, both in person and over the phone. Also, this doctor seems to struggle with time management skills and a excessively high dependency on survey results before being able to treat patients. Because of his lateness, his poor selection in office staff and an inability to properly treat my child, I will not be taking my child there again.

Submitted December 28, 2014

Dr. Sohail Khattak's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor moved so many time all over the province it was Hardone to keep up with him. My child was given prescription and diagnose at first appt without an a..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Several years ago we brought our son to be assessed. The Dr immediately wanted our 6 year old child on two types of medication without having the results from a..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I disagree with the previous negative comments about Dr Khattak. My daughter has been under his care for three years. He is an expert in his specialty. He has b..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Disrespectful and condescending to his staff. I cannot stand the wait times. Diagnosis of ASD from only 5 minutes of meeting my son with testing performed by il..."

November 26, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Khattak offers a great service to families who have children with Autism and special needs. He has a great team in Support Services that provides quality co..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have had nothing but negative experiences with this office. Staff who do not remember anything about us, constantly rely on a chart for all their info, fail t..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Khattack is the BEST Pediatrician I have worked with. He goes above and beyond my expectations. He is polite, empathetic, caring, considerate and proactive...."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Khattak for the last 4 years with my three sons. I really like Dr khattak. My eldest son was initially seen by Dr Khattak 4 years ago, ..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If there was a negative star to select for punctuality I would have chose this. VEry unorganized office, poorly run to say the least. The doctor only knows ho..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "While Dr K seems more or less competent, his staff is highly unprofessional, both in person and over the phone. Also, this doctor seems to struggle with time m..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My son has been seeing dr kahattak for a couple of years and he has been great with my son, always answers all my questions and very friendly. I am now bringing..."

December 1, 2014