Ratings for Dr. Sohail Khattak

Money hungry. Pill pushing ruined my daughter wouldn't offer ongoing support to a low income singlefamilies mother

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

PLEASE RUN !!!!!!! Where is the governing body ? How can this person practice. PLEASE find another physician, your child's life depends on it.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

The school was contacting regarding issues in the classroom with my 6yr old daughter. I however was not seeing these issues. The school and I worked as a team and I agreed to take her for an assessment regardless of my experiences at home. Obviously, there was a disconnect somewhere. Starting off I had to get a vision hearing screening. She failed multiple hearing tests. I proceeded with assessment as I wanted to search ever avenue. While undergoing the assessment with Dr. Khattaks team I was constantly in tears. They were not only rude to myself but did NOT treat my daughter with empathy or any sort of dignity. They diagnosed her with ODD (Opositional Defiance Disorder). They recommended respite care and medication. I told them that I would try any clinic, read any books or have an intensely structured living environment. I am not opposed to medication, but I wanted the time to explore other avenues. Their response "if you want your child to suffer until they reach the age of 54, then realize that they could do better and try medication on their own, then that's your decision to make as a parent". He then went on to say "if it helps at all I can fill paper work out so you can get extra money on your child tax credit, regardless of income" Pardon me? No thank you.... there are no words for me... Well, turns out she has conductive hearing loss in one ear. She received a hearing aid. Immediately, issues at school stopped and she quickly rose to one of the top academic students in her grade. When I called Dr. Khattak on this issue, his response was "I only get the paper work, read it, then make recommendations accordingly. Sounds to me like paper work had gotten crossed" then with a smirk says, "this happens more frequently then it should". Ok, so, PLEASE, if you have your child's best interest at heart, which I know you do, please, please, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Worst Dr. ever .. if you want your kid pumped up on pills, this is your guy. If you want solutions for their problems, find someone else. Terrible Dr. Terrible human. Hard to believe he has a license.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

If you don't want the kids and their parents to be stressed then keep the appointments as they are . This is the 3rd time your staff have messed up . And traveling all the way from oshawa to ajax is complicated eanough. You are allowed to make mistakes but yet if we parents make a mistake then you charge us $50 . Well I say you should be paying us to travel back and forth especially when you made a child come all the way there and then the place was closed and we had to wait in the dark and cold for a bus home . This is what isn't fair .

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

This whole experience with his office has been abysmal. From his incompetence all the way to his staff, who are completely unprofessional and horrifically late on everything. I brought my son for assessment in March 2016, now its late December and i'm still waiting for a copy of the assessment so I can share with his school so they can organize a special program around his needs. Also, my family Dr is waiting for a copy as well and he contacted Dr Khattak's office also and bubkus, nothing. Thirdly i needed a copy for a government program for his special needs and that has been delayed as well. This experience has been horrible and would wish for anyone who is thinking of taking their kid to Dr Khattak, to just stop and go somewhere else. Not for your sake but for the sake of your kids. This guy and his whole office are just a load of you know what.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Treats staff like they are dirt, no wonder there is high staff turnover in that office. No one is dressed professionally. Wait times are long and noise level is high in waiting room.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

His staff are amazing, him I'm afraid not so much. They do EVERYTHING for him, he walks in and out and with you for 1.4 seconds. Hes very rude. I agree with another review, he is very rude to his staff right in front of you. I was embarrassed to have my child witness this. I teach my child to treat everyone with respect and this was just embarrassing.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

His assistant would come in and do all his work and then the dr comes in to sign the prescription. im 25 years old and he put me in the kids clinic... worst dr. i do not recommend. he is so lazy and is always late.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I was recently in to see Dr.Khattak and was very disappointed with the experience. He was so disrespectful to his staff and the way he spoke to them was just unbelievable and very unprofessional. The ladies up front are doing his work and helping him and they got treated like absolute garbage. I was very disappointed to see this as I work in a similar field and would never put up with this.. Just very disappointing from a doctor to his staff.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016