Ratings for Dr. Ellen Embry

Dr. Embry is an outstanding OB/GYN, very knowledgeable especially about post menopausal issues for older women. She is progressive and up to date on treatments and procedures. She is a clear communicator and very responsive to patient needs and questions. I have had only very positive experience with Dr. Embry has my physician. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I'm honestly shocked by the number of negative reviews. I've been seeing Dr. Embry for 19 years and have never had a negative experience with her. She has always been very genuine and down to earth in every interaction I've had with her. I've never felt dismissed and she has always makes sure to answer any questions I might have. I also think her nursing staff is great. I will admit I've had to wait in the exam room, but never more than 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I saw Dr. Embry for cysts on my ovaries. Eventually, she taked me into a hysterectomy. My bowel was lacerated during surgery and a different surgeon was brought in to fix it.After not bring able to find one of the ovaries due to a lot of scar tissue, she walked into my hospital room accusing me of not even having a second ovary because SHE couldn't find it! When I went to see her with upper abdominal pain a few weeks post-op, she was very defensive saying "We weren't even up there." Her bedside manner is horrible...there were times she marched straight into the exam room and didn't even say hello. I am so hurt and disappointed by my experience with her.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I chose dr Embry as my provider after reading several reviews and hearing good things about the office and hospital. Unfortunately, after a few prenatal visits, I became concerned about her level of patient understanding, respect for the patients wishes and her overall willingness to listen to the needs and wantsof her patients. She was abrasive, interrupted me every chance she got, she was belittling and continued to ignore my wishes and requests regarding my personal feelings about my healthcare options. She became angry when I informed her I did not want a routine amniotomy in the instance of possible induction. She was not open to my requests for an intervention free (as possible) pregnancy as well as labor and delivery. She became vocal and boisterus when I would ask her why certain tests and procedures were necessary and if they are avoidable. This is my 3rd baby, I'm not new to the mommy circuit. I only had to switch doctors because my husband was transferred to a new area and some of the tests and procedures she was telling me were not refusable were never performed in my previous pregnancies. I just feel like she is a doctor who is not open to the patients wants, needs,and wishes. She is probably highly qualified and a wonderful physician for some, however, because of her inability to be understanding, patient, and flexible, I give her a negative rating and have switched physicians at 34 weeks pregnant.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I am seeing Dr, Embry for the last few months and every time I have to wait at least 20-30 minutes in the examination room for her to come and see me for about less than 10 minutes. I feel she does not even try to hear me and she interrupted me many times. I feel after seeing her for many times there is no patient-physician relationship. I like the staff a lot but I don't know if I can change my primary OB since I am not really satisfied with Dr. Embry.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr. Embry was on call the evening I reported RUQ pain, very high bp, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath and overall feeling HORRIBLE. I already had pre-eclampsia at this point. My doc was on vacation and Dr. Embry (same practice) was taking calls that night. I told her how I was feeling and I guess she never bothered to look at my chart, or just didn't care, as her snotty remark to me was "Of course you're short of breath- you're almost 7 months pregnant and retaining water. Now if you'd do what you were told and stay in bed, you'd feel a lot better and your blood pressure wouldn't be so high." I was so frustrated. I knew I didn't feel right and drove to Loyola where I had my son via emergency c-section several hours later as my life was in immediate danger at 32 1/2 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP Syndrome, which is what happens when pre-e goes untreated. Her uncaring, condescending, NEGLIGENT attitude would've killed both of us had I listened to her and not my gut!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Best gyno ever. Lost her for a couple years due to insurance and no one is like her. She answers all questions. Asks questions about my family. Had to have surgery and she held my hand because I was so nervous. Love love her

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

I felt this doctor was really good. She did the best she could to ensure my health and of the baby's health. I plan on using her again for my next baby. She is very knowledgeable. The only problem I have is company she works for doesn't do well on payment plans for the money owed to the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Embry for over 7 years. I only see her for my annual exam (no kiddos to deliver) and she has a great bedside manner. She makes me feel like she actually remembers me even though I come once a year. I have recommended several people to go to her and they love her. The office staff is also incredible. I will continue to go to this office even if my insurance didn't accept them.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I have been to many doctors in my life, a couple for my current problem, Dr. Embry was amazing and caring, her staff is so friendly, no wait time, truly wonderful experience

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Ellen Embry's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)