Ratings for Dr. Emmanuel Cauchois

Il a souvent l air d être pressé et désordonné, mais il m à trouve le bon traitement contre la depression, et c est ce qui compte. Merci Dr Cauchois.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Cauchois is the worst psych, most oppressive psych I have EVER had. I don't know where to start. On the first session he told me he wouldn't call me by my chosen name because I am not really transgender just having an identity crisis as a result of BPD. Luckily for me he barely remembers who I am each session so he used the correct name after that. He diagnosed me with a ton of disorders I don't have. He is rude, abrupt and inattentive to my needs. He is always late. He doesn't seem to know what the pills he gives me do and changes them every few month. He doesn't take into account the interaction the pills have with each other. He's had me taking up to 12 a day at some points. He doesn't remember what medication he puts me on. He offers little guidance, support, compassion or empathy. He doesn't listen to concern with medication. On our last session he told me my gender dysphoria doesn't matter I should put it aside and worry about my suicidal ideation instead. He told my it's not like a have large breasts. He refused to write a referral for surgery because he is worried I will regret it and kill myself. (I have attempted suicide twice in the past year USING MEDICATION HE GAVE ME. )He is a transphobe and doesn't seem to know much about his practice. DO NOT SEE. I have had him flagged so that transgender people don't have to suffer the way I did under his 'care.'

Submitted October 5, 2016

Pas du tout à l'écoute. Réponds su téléphone et entretient des discussions sur d'autres patients pendant la rencontre. Pas ouvert à changer ou explorer différentes avenues qui ne lui sont pas de lui. Rencontré à deux reprises à douglas en externe en 2 ans. À éviter si vous voulez survivre. Jf Montreal

Submitted September 21, 2016

Très gentil. M'a redonné de la motivation! M'a vraiment aidé du mieux qu'il pouvait, il m'a consacré le temps dont j'avais besoin. Il est super drôle en plus!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Saw him as a young teen and it was a very bad experience.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Not good communication, no real exchange. Wrong diagnose. Not even lively discussed with. I had to discover it by the evaluation.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

A few words .... I wish more doctors would have only a glimpse of his humanity . Dr. Cauchois has truly found his vocation .

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

He was always telling me I wasn't really sick when I was 15 and battling anorexia. He just kept telling me I was a smart and beautiful girl. Wouldn't do anything. Came back 3 years later with anxiety and prescribed pills and helped me instantly. I just think he thinks younger teens can't have mental issues.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr Cauchois offers simple and to the point advice. If you're looking for someone more empathetic or sensitive to your feelings, I may not recommend him, however, I am sensitive by nature and Dr Cauchois talks to me briefly and direct, which is something I would normally shy away from but for whatever reason I am not uncomfortable with him. In one sentence he can spark the most obvious and concise advice; you are left with very few questions. "The truth will set you free, but first it will pi$$ you off"! That's how I can describe my experience. This is not my quote by any means, I've heard it before and it stuck. Bottom line it takes time to retrain your brain as he would say, and maybe people don't appreciate his blunt and direct approach, and that upsets them because they see him as 'cold' but don't forger he's your Doctor he's not your caretaker per say, he's there to help you but you also have to help yourself. I was against taking meds at first, but it's OK I realize they have helped in my progress. Stay strong! It's not easy but you can do it!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have been suffering from depression for 5 years and i can barely mange to get out of bed he tells me its all my own fault tells me to go to a bar to meet when i cant drink because of alcholism in the family he basicly rushed me out the door not listening to my issues stateing that i dont need pshicatry even though i have suicidal thoughts and only wanted to push medication terrible doctor i would stay away he made me feel worse and like i have no escape from the way im feeling

Submitted January 27, 2015