Ratings for Dr. John B. Rogers

Had misplaced sesamoid bone in hand. Dr. Rogers could never identify or diagnose the problem. Seemed disinterested in helping to the point of being annoyed, even after I had his recommended expensive XRay and MRI done. Ultimately referred me to an out-of-network hand specialist, but told me not to tell anyone because they "prefer to keep the money in the Fairview system". Dr. Rogers is a complete waste of time and money. After spending much money, ultimately went to top rated ortho surgeon who removed the bone. Steer clear of Dr. Rogers!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

I was looking for a second opinion after having shoulder surgery recommended for my condition. Dr Rogers was very helpful in answering my list of questions I had. His training in arthroscopic surgery offered me an alternative, with benefits, to the open surgery option I had with the first doctor. I was impressed that he wasn't pushy about having surgery, as many surgeons are quick to try to fix things by doing what they specialize in--cutting. When physical therapy and cortisone shots didn't work, and I decided to have the surgery, Dr Rogers spent more time with me explaining the details and answering more questions. At pre-op consultations and follow-up visits, he was very thorough and detail-oriented. I never felt like he rushed me through any appointments (which is probably why he often was running late). Overall, I felt that Dr Rogers was technically very competent in the surgery he performed and also had compassion for me as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Does not show interest on the patient. Did not call back or mail test resultes that needed attention. Had to leave 2 messages before returning with the results.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2007

Dr. John B. Rogers's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Pacificare