Ratings for Dr. Steven B. McCann

Dr. McCann delivered both of my children and he was a god sent! Most amazing doctor and human being I've ever met. I trust this man more than I have ever trusted any doctor before. He is genuinely concerned about his patients and wants what's best for them no matter what. I went in to preterm labor with my second child and I called him immediately. Even though I was scared beyond belief, just hearing his voice over the phone put me at ease. I love Dr. McCann and would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Would highly recommend Dr. McCann. He listened to me, and his recommendations were based on my personal history, not just because "that's how it's done". He covered all the bases, was casual, and didn't use scare tactics. I appreciated that because when things got slightly tricky towards the end of my pregnancy, I knew he wasn't just being alarmist; that if it bothered him it truly was an issue. He never let me leave his office without making sure my questions were answered. When I wasn't sure if I heard the early heartbeat with his doppler, he insisted on finding it again until I was sure I had heard it. And he sat there nearly the whole time I was pushing, and told me to stop apologizing for taking so long; that he didn't mind. I really trusted him, and so did my husband, and I am truly grateful to him for the healthy baby sleeping in my lap right now.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Very knowledgable for difficult pregnancies and other reproductive issues you may have! He's helping me to successfully conceive my first child due to the illness I have in my ovaries and fallopean tubes. He's a great doctor and doesn't let you walk out without any answer!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Dr.McCann recently delivered my baby by c-section and I can not believe how fast I recovered and healed. The next day it was as if I never even had surgery! He did an amazing job and he truly knows how to take care of his patients.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

I LOVED Dr. McCann! He delivered my son last year. He was always open, honest, straight-forward, caring and compassionate. He took excellent care of me!! I am sad that I have since moved out of state and he will not be able to deliver my next child. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. McCann, he is awesome!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Mccann was by far the best doctor ive ever come across. Very personable and thorough and makes sure you are comfortable and happy in every situation. He delivered my baby on a weekend that he was not even on call and was not obligated to come in, but he did anyways (not to mention VERY early in the morning). He made my pregnancy so much easier and enjoyable than it could have been. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr Mccann is a wonderful doctor. He was very helpful through a difficult pregnancy and was always very calm and knowledgeable. I would reccomend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Dr. McCann is a wonderful doctor. He is very thorough and calming. He is personable and knowledgable. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Great doctor! I switched to him after I experienced severe pain in my abdomen while pregnant. The OBGYN I was seeing could not diagnose it, but he figured it out immediately. Very calming and patient.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Dr. McCann delivered my first baby and is the best doctor I've ever had. He has the perfect balance of professionalism, expertise, compassion and kindness. I have complete trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Dr. Steven B. McCann's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1993)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal