Ratings for Dr. David L. Kosh

Dr. Kosh has been my personal physician for many years, (approx 12). As was mentioned above he is "old school" in his approach, he greets you, he has never failed to impress me on his instant recall of our last visit. However, he is also completely informed and up to date on new procedures and medical news. Due to this he has given me the information to make an informed mutally agreed upon form of treatment. He is direct but, kind. Never once has he been condescending in his approach to me, or has he failed to treat me as an individual and respect and listen to what I am trying to convey. His response to my emails (which I love the system, as it saves time and money for minor issues, and questions), is always timely. It also helps Dr. determine if an office visit needed. Dr. Kosh has gone way beyond my general health care, when needed he has filled out forms, written letters, and responded to other inquiries where his professional opinion was needed. He has been late once TO DELIVER BABY!...

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Kosh is a wonderful doctor. He has delivered both of my sons. He is very matter of fact and not the best doctor to choose if you are looking for someone to coddle you. He has been my doctor for years and is not the type of doctor who likes to run a lot of tests or prescribe a lot of medications. He is an 'old school' doctor and that can be very comforting or it can be frustrating depending on the situation. He is approachable, will answer your questions promptly via email and can even be reached at home in an emergency - which is rare for doctors and greatly appreciated. I would and have recommended him to others as he is always very nice and courteous and responsive. He rarely makes you wait very long in the waiting room - which is also rare for a dr! The nurse practitioners at the office are not very good though so if you need to make an appt and he is not available I would recommend seeing one of the other doctors on staff.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

I have had Kosh for a long time now. If you want to see him you need to be scheduled on a day he's available, he's a busy guy. He will be delivering my 2nd son so we'll see how that goes.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

This physician prefers to screen all patients through the nurse practitioner. Some nursing staff did not know how to take blood pressure! Follow-up is very poor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

Dr. David L. Kosh's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1975)