Ratings for Dr. James H. Gray

I have been Dr. Gray's patient for awhile now. I have been in and out of the hospital a lot in my day and Dr. Gray always makes the effort to visit me and see how I'm doing. I remember one Christmas my husband had been laid off and we were going to have a rough Christmas. He brought a gift basket for us with some money so we could make it through the holidays. You don't hear things like that about doctors anymore. I'm sure he's done that for many families but people my age dont use the Internet that often. I hope this helps.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

these people are good. they care about the area. My wife was worried and asked Doc Gray to not let me Drive so he did not until we got things straight-sure I was hot! but better to do the right thing and me still be here over the week-end and I knew he was right but he did the right thing thats what is important-HE CARES!! The Staff is Great and they will work with you if you are a couple of minutes early or late.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

I have been Dr. Gray's patient for years. He's always been very kind and very willing to work with Medicare to get you the cheapest visit possible. As for the other reviews, this is an impoverished area with little medical representation. He tries to accommodate everyone in the area, which makes his practice one of the busiest. To help, he hired a PA, which, unless the diagnosis is overly complicated, is well qualified to handle the normal bumps, colds, etc. Believe me , PAs are standard procedure. Hiring another Dr. here is not fiscally possible unless there are more patients. Dr. Gray helps out our local high school by donating money and my son always goes to him for the $20 sports physicals before the season. I too have felt my visit to be short at times, but anytime I've asked questions, they've been answered. It's unrealistic to think anyone is going to talk with you for 20 min. when all you need is something prescribed. I've tried the others, he's by far the best in the area.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Service has gone down hill dramatically in past 5 years, while price of an office visit has gone up. Seldom get to see actual doctor, only physician's assistant. Orders tests and medications regardless of the financial situation of the patient. Required monthly office visits to renew prescriptions of long term medication, and made no contact when leaving for weeks at a time, leaving patients with no access to their medications. He was once a very warm and empathetic doctor. Since he has hired a physician's assistant, however, office visits feel more like a ride on a money making conveyor belt. His PA does the exams, makes the diagnoses, and writes the prescriptions. Dr. Gray merely signs the paperwork.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. James H. Gray's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1983)

Healthnet