Ratings for Dr. Russell S. Cherry

Agree with the negative comments. Found out that he is not recognized by any professional organizations as a neuropsychologists. He and his partner McCumber call themselves neuropsychologists but nether is board-certified or members of recognized neuropsychologist organizations. Not illegal, just unethical. My daughters' doctors told me to go elsewhere for a competent neuropsych evaluation.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

He called me a name.he's out for money not what's best for the patient

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr. Cherry is either incompetent or negligent. He did a psych eval of a minor without seeking the input of both parents or seeking past evaluations or the input of past counsellors. The evaluation's conclusions were incorrect and were extremely harmful to the minor. No competent Counsellor would use one source to do psych eval when there are many sources available. Is he incompetent, negligent or just anxious to collect his fee?

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

I agree they also mirror my experience. He verbally tore me to shreds with a false diagnosis and said I suffer from somatic health issues I found this very odd, in his report he goes on to say as colorful as one can I faked a pulmonary embolism and a TIA, I really have no idea how one can do this, (side note my father and grandfather died from a MI under the age of 50 and 2 cousins age 17 and 27 that had MI and lived), and goes on saying that I have ADHD issues but not really, WHAT???? What does mean? And goes on to saying that he does not believe my test findings starting with my IQ all the way to my academic achievement (I had a IEP all throughout school life) but apparently I made it all up? And the icing on the cake I needed to go back to school and get my GED (FYI I graduated school in 1998 and that was stated in the report) another side note I have children at home under the spectrum disorder. I have been down this road and never have I seen anything like this.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Unlike some of the other reviews, I found Dr. Cherry to be very helpful. Given the demographics he comes into contact with, it doesn't surprise me that some people are upset by his professional and straight forward approach. He isn't one to placate and play games and I found it refreshing that he says it like it is, is very perceptive and gives patients the opportunity to realistically look at themselves without candy coating it and a spoon feeding. He won't do it for you, but he most certainly can help move you into a healthier state and experience better well-being - bit patient participation is a paramount.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2011

I know some other proffesionals that will not refer to him. alls he cares about is money. I agree that we did not even reconize the person he was talking about in his very expensive report that was not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I agree completely with the other adverse comments,they mirror my experience almost exactly and he should be removed from practice. His report has adversly effected my life and his only concern was SSDI which I told him didn't effect me but was the only recommentation he changed. I asked for a revised report and specific info on how he came to these conclusions from a 45 min interview. He changed a few words but didn't change the diagnoses of Somatoform Disorder (imagined symptions) and provided no specifics. I overreported symptons because I scored above average on the tests. He refused to talk to my medical providers that can speak to my medical problems and pain issues. "The stress of marriage and parenting are exacerbating my level of pain", HUH? I'm depressed?, try four surgeries in four months, a Lamanectomy for a broken back two weeks after his interview but it's my imagination. I'm getting a second opinion and filing a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

This doctor did an excellent interview with us. His office was clean and organized, unlike what the previous poster said. His report was thorough and on target. He listened well and kept us on track.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

This man is a vicious and cunning doctor who should not be allowed in practice. As the other patients commented on here, the same was true. He verbally tore me to shreds with a flase diagnosis and said I suffered from facticious disorder and somomatic disorder. (where you fake illness) I was just diagnosed with numerous internal disease and possible lymphoma. He said that I was a lier and refused to look at my current medical test results or take information from friends and family about my cognitive decline. He said that because my IQ was above average two years ago, and now is at a 7.5 grade level, I am a fake and all doctors should be warned about me. I am seeking legal advice and filing a formal complaint against this monster. Please, stay far far away from this doctor who I think has mental illness himself undiagnosed. He uses his title to hide behind and hurt innocent patients. He is also bias to another terrible doctor (nuerologist) Dr. Pervier who referred me to him.Bad docs

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

I agree with the previous rating that he cut and pasted information. I have never been treated by a member of the medical field as poorly as by this doctor and hope to never be again. I was sent on a wild goose chase following his "diagnoses" to rectify his totally outrageous claims/findings. We have so few neuropsychs to pick from. His specialty is somatic disorders and it seems that he feels most of us suffer from this. Stay away!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007