Ratings for Dr. Andrea R. Bell-Willis

My husband and I went for physicals to get a health insurance discount, but you have to copay to tkae the physical and to get your results ($100 total for both of us) She offered me an EKG without checking if it was covered by my insurance, it was not (+$75) She also billed my husband for an EKG, and he didn’t even have one. She didn't take time to discuss my health concerns and prescribed a medicine for me that wasn't really what I needed or wanted. Most disturbingly, she didn’t review the physical results before giving them to us, and then told my husband that he had tested positive for HIV. She said usually a second test is run right away to verify those results, but of course she hadn’t read it & so didn’t order the test until right then....so we waited from Thursday afternoon until Tuesday morning to find out that my husband was HIV-free and not dying. The whole experience has been a horrific time & money waster and added huge stress to my life.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007