Ratings for Dr. Joseph V. Vandergriff

Dr. Vandergriff lectured me about antibiotics. He told me he had only taken 1 his entire life. I did not ask for an antibiotic. He told me I would need to suffer through my sinus infection for a week. I ended up going to another doctor who listened and thoroughly examined me. He was rude and even screamed at the patient in the next room, calling the man an addict when the man asked for sleeping medicine. I don't know how he is able to maintain a practice treating sick people so poorly. I will never see him again, & I would not recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

This Doctor is very rude and treats patients like herding cattle. You don't have any time to ask him questions because he has patients scheduled every ten minutes. It was my first and my last time seeing him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Horrible staff. Took 5 times calling to get test results and were very rude saying they were so busy. When I was there the receptionist was sitting and reading a book. Supposed to have called in prescription and that never happened.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. V. has been my doctor for about one year now. He quickly diagnosed my condition and today I live a better life because of his suggested treatment. I would recommend him to anyone, if he can't help you you can't be helped!!! One thing that really stands out though that really shows how much he cares about his patients is that he remembers about the small talk we would have during our visits and remember to ask how things are the next time we would see each other. Thanks Dr.V., you're setting the bar high for doctors and heath care specialists around the grand strand!!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Dr. Vandergriff, from initial visit, was very unprofessional and had terrible bedside manner. He was rude and unconcerned! He also incorrectly diagnosed me and prescribed way too much insulin, which I was giving myself via shot, daily. I found out that I DO NOT NEED insulin at all, by a diabetic specialist. I could have died from this. I never needed insulin at all. I would never see this doctor again or recommend him! He is clearly not educated enough!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

I am diabetic and he never checked my feet, heart, or anything. He is rude and doesn't care about his patients. He is arrogant and doesn't want you to make any suggestions...just sit and act stupid. If you do, he will get rude and upset.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

DR. V HAS ALWAYS ADDRESSED THE PROBLEM AND EVEN REFERS TO OTHER DOCTORS FOR SECOND OPEIONS.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr Vandergriff demonstrates caution and care in his prescribing medicines and referrals to other physicians. My trust in him has increased after an earlier incident caused me to give him a bad rating.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Personally answered a phone call I made to his office and made sure he understood the nature of my question. This goes a long way for me.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2008

I had an extremely painful hematoma in my leg. He kept telling me that I was ok even though it got worse over a two week period. At the end I could not move and kept calling his office to ask him to write an order for me to admit me to the hospital. His nurse was very confrontational and kept telling us that I would need to come in to the office even though I had just seen the doctor only 3 or four days before. My wife finally called the ambulance because I could no longer bend my leg and was passing out when I tried to stand. At the hospital I was told that I was in renal failure, very sick and I was placed in ICU. I had to have two leg operations, three blood transfusions, two kidney dialysis and outpatient therapy.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

Dr. Joseph V. Vandergriff's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)