Ratings for Dr. Douglas B. MacFarlane

Excellent doctor. His experience and bed side manners are top notch. Wouldn't consider going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr.MacFarlane and his staff always make me feel welcome. He is friendly and calm. I had 2 miscarriages and he made me feel hopeful that I would get pregnant. I did get pregnant and delivered a healthy baby. During that pregnancy I had lots of questions and stress, and he helped put my mind at ease. That is valuable beyond measure.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

This doctor was horrible! He did one thing right and helped me find out what me problem was for getting pregnant. After that everything went downhill! When I was 6 months through a rough pregnancy he put me in the hospital and told me he thinks I need to get an abortion. I had a kidney stone throughout this pregnancy and was on a lot of pain meds. I was in and out of the hospital with kidney infections, surgeries to change a nephrostomy tube that went out my back. (that was so that the stone didn't try to move further down). Anyway I freaked out and he thought I needed a psychological analysis done on me to see if I was suicidal. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Long story short I had my baby, had surgery to remove the kidney stone 2 weeks later and everything was fine. I had a happy healthy baby! Why would a doctor tell you to abort a healthy baby?

Submitted September 25, 2015

I would definitely recommend him to any woman. He takes the time to explain things and will even call ya with results. Bless his heart.☺

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I had several years of heavy cycles & was ready for permanent birth control. Dr. MacFarlane spent a lot of time with me to discuss options and treatments. I had an endometrial ablation done in Sept and havent had any bleeding since. And dont have to take any hormones!! Its been great and I wish I would of done it years ago. Surgery was fast and I was home same day...never took any pain medication. HIGHLY recommended!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I love Dr. MacFarlane! Prior to seeing Dr. MacFarlane I had 2 c-sections. I really wanted to have a v-bac and the dr. in my town would only do a repeat c-section. I considered home birth and planned to go that route. Ended up finding out my insurance wouldn't cover it and search and search for a dr. that would allow me to have a v-bac. Dr. MacFarlane was an answer to prayer! My husband and I are very natural minded and wanted to have the baby natural, without any unneeded medical intervention. One thing that was very important for me was not having an episiotomy. Dr. Macfarlane listened to our wishes and granted them. He even did prennial message the entire time and I was able to deliver without a tear! Just found out I'm expecting again. I am for sure sticking with Dr. MacFarlane. In addition to Dr. MacFarlane being an excellent dr. I am also very well pleased with the hospital. I loved the birthing suit! I felt I got alot of one on one attention. All of the nurses were very nice.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

I would never go to another doctor again. I started out going to a different doctor when i was pregnant because it was close to my home, however there i had already seen 4 different doctors in 4 different appointments! I transfered and it was the best decision I could make. The nurses and front desk ladies always remembered my name and very friendly and once you got there you pretty much got to go back immediately, not wait in the waiting room. The only thing was that towards the end he checked and said he thought the baby was the right way (head down), but at a later appt said he wasnt for sure and i was having higher blood pressure so i got one last sonogram and found out i had low fluid and baby was breech. The original plan was to deliver vaginally so i was a little nervous, but he scheduled a c section, which went very well and now we have a happy healthy baby.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

He is one of those doctors that does minimal and keeps making you return for $$. Even though I had been to his office 5 times in two months for abdominal pain, he still wouldn't remember my medical problems which aren't that complicated. I finally had surgery to diagnose the pain I was having, in which he found something only medically treatable (not surgically) and it was something he told me I didn't have. I had serious complications with anesthesia in which I asked him about during my first post op appointment and all he said about it was, yeah the nurses called me. Next appt my husband brought the reaction, he seemed concerned and stated he didn't even know about it until later that afternoon which was a lie because they had to change one of my prescriptions bc of it and he has to authorize it. He also told me it wasn't a life threatening condition so I should just deal with the pain. Also couldn't answer any medical questions about my diagnosis. Horrible doctor!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr Mcfarlane is very kind and caring. He sits down and actually listens to my cause and concerns..thats the first time Ive had a doctor do that. For example- I have been concerned my baby is going to be small due to the size of my belly and weight gain..so hes going to give me a sonogram to put my mind at ease. I dont wait long at all in waiting room or when I get back to my room..Ive had doctors where you have to sit and sit ...then only to be called back to room to wait some more. His staff up front is also very nice and kind. I will def continue to see him for any needs I have in the future.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

His nurse tried to draw my blood 4 times before giving up and sending me to the hospital, then I saw Dr.MacFarlane and he told me I was unable to have children, I got off my BC and didn't have maternity insurance and a month later got pregnant! When I called to make an appt for my pregnancy I was told they wouldn't see me b/c I didn't have maternity ins. I said he told me I couldn't get pregnant so of course I didn't have that insurance, I don't mind paying full price, she told me That I should go to a free clinic. Then after paying my co-pay that day I recieved a nasty note that my bill was overdue, his billing staff was very rude. Most horrible experience I have ever had.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Douglas B. MacFarlane's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

GHI