Ratings for Dr. Alida Van Heerden

I have been seeing Dr. Vanheerden for 8 years now. The B E S T woman doctor I have ever seen ! She researches if she does not know the answer and sends for any and all tests 'just to be sure'. She even called me once hours after an appointment to clarify something I had said in my earlier appointment. That's caring !

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The staff are amazing, very friendly and sweet - unfortunately they aren't the ones that are licensed to help you. Dr. Van Heerden does not have a very good bedside manor and is judgmental. She does not dig deeper into a problem, search for answers. If she does not know an answer she does not reach out to other colleagues for help in ways of referrals or etc. Imaging, tests... etc. I have been her patient for a while and was hoping it would get better.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

i have been with her since i moved to leduc. she has been helped me alot with depression and having my 5 babies. sometimes you have to establish a relationship.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr Van Heerden saw me when my family dr, Dr du Toit was away. She was very kind and compassionate and listened in detail to my concerns. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Van Heerden is a wonderful doctor. I have lived all over Alberta and have had numerous family doctors. She is by far my favourite. I have even moved quite a distance from Leduc, but continue to drive the distance to see her. Any issues I have had she was quick to send me for blood work, or x-rays, just to be sure. Dr. Van Heerden was great with both of my pregnancies for the first couple of months until I was referred to a Obgyn. When I did have a concern, I was surprised to actually get a phone call from her, informing me of my results. Overall, a kind, funny, patient, knowledgeable family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I find her to be very rough and rude in her approach. She seems to ignore my concerns.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I went to Dr. Van Heerden with my newborn and she was not helpful with my breastfeeding issues. Later, when my child was 18 months, we went in for an appointment and I was nursing her. When she came in the room, she had a look of shock and judgement and asked why I was still breastfeeding. "Why? For comfort?" I didn't appreciate her judgement considering extended breastfeeding is being so heavily encouraged by Health Canada. I've encountered other issues with her understanding breastfeeding, plus they display lots of advertisements and samples for formula, which I've heard doctor's offices aren't allowed to do. Other than the misinformation she gives about breastfeeding, she's a nice doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr.van heerden is an amazing doctor!!! She always has time to listen to what the real problem is and go from there

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Amazing Doctor. I've seen many doctors, but I will be sticking with her. She is knowledgeable, caring, and willing to answer questions. If she is unsure of something, she lets you know and takes some time to do research. Great Doctor and great person.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Have been seeing her for years. I go out of my city just to see her. She's wonderful, knowledgable and very easy to talk to. She puts in a lot of time to listen to you and great with giving you lots of info. Definitely recommend her :)

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014