Ratings for Dr. Farah N. Khan

The staff is great but the work is HORRIBLE! My daughter had multiple fillings and mini root canals. The fillings fell out after 3 months. The dentist blamed it on poor hygiene, bs my daughter brushes often. Now her crown fell off and is bleeding and they have no emergency number. DONT NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Horrible!! Avoid this dentist at all costs!! Will charge you through the roof and do a half assed job! Your child's crowns, fillings etc will be falling back out ASAP!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Service is great. Billing is HORRIBLE. They charge +$250 for sedation. "Sedation" is them giving you a prescription for Versed to fill at your pharmacy and bring with you to the appointment. One of the hygienist gives the medication in office....that's $250! They're supposed to bill your insurance first and refuse to do so. You must pay that up front, which they can't do according to my insurance company. They say you can't administer the medication at home because it's a narcotic that requires observation. Yet there is no "observation" equipment used while your child is sedated and I saw no equipment nearby in case of an emergency! AVOID THIS OFFICE & DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr didn't have a good demeanor with my daughter. She didn't introduce herself or try to ease my daughter's fears. Will not be back!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

My daughters have been going to dr khan for a few years. at first i was happy but my youngest daughter kept having fillings fall out after a week. they did get us in quick, always said "no charge" (but then again we have medicaid, so they cover that stuff) but she rushes EVERYTHING! she doesnt clean the teeth properly, and for cavities shes done in 10 min (if that!) with NO numbing! she performed a root canal on my daughter and put a silver cap on her tooth, not 2 yrs later, the tooth has to be pulled bcuz she didnt put the crown on correctly! took her to a different dentist and she has several issues with her teeth. ALL of these reveiws r tru, except for the one that gave 5 stars. dr khan is horrible and should have her license revoked!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I drove an hour and a half to see this dentist for my 6 year old. They promised they would do a cleaning, when I got there they said they were not doing a cleaning. And they had to do it next time. But they suuuuurrreee did Bill my Medicaid insurance for a cleaning. I would have never caught it......but I called my insurance to complain of their service. Also.....you can't switch your child to another dentist unless you pay them 30 dollars for X-rays....which we all know Medicaid families cannot afford. She is a horrible physician.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I've been taking my kids here for 3 yrs and now all of a sudden both of my children need work done lol I went through with it with my daughter and the sedation !! I will never ever do it again !! Then my son needed a small filing I said I refuse the sedation . So we went for his appt. He wasn't even in the room for 2 minutes and she came out and said he wasn't cooperating and she wanted to restrain him in a straight jacket lol they call it a blanket haha I said no way and I made him an appt at a different dental office . I'm done with dr khan she is horrible !! All these c comments are true! !!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I took my son to her to be seadated and was the wrost day ever she gave him some meds for sedation that he shouldn't of had being adhd kid and he had horrible side affects from the meds they said it would take 4 to 5 hrs to wear off he was violent mean I will never go back then my son was tied down and screaming he said he wasn't numb yet and she pulled his tooth

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I was referred here by my dentist since he wasn't 3 yet. I was able to go back with my son to see everything and while she did xrays and a quick exam. She told me he had to cavities that needed to be filled along with the routine cleaning. She said that he would have to be given midazolam to sedate him before any work could be done.She would not even clean his teeth without first filling the cavities. Also was told I wouldn't be allowed back with him during any of this. She looked at me like I was crazy when I refused to drug my child, who is very well behaved. We left without having any work done. As soon as my son turned 3 we took him to my dentist who said his super tiny cavities weren't sticky & didn't need to be filled. He sat perfectly through his cleaning, no drugs needed. Our dentist no longer refers patients to her, after hearing about how she runs her business. I would never recommend her to anyone!! Who drugs there child to have teeth cleaned because they are really young?

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

She does mediocre work and doesn't really give parents much of a chance for questions or to maybe explore other options. She was quick to throw my daughter's treatment plan at me, which consisted of a lot of work, without really explaining much other than how important it is to drug my child. She told me the work had to be broken into three separate appointments and I had to pay a $200 outta-pocket sedation fee EACH TIME and get the drug from the pharmacy. Why the fee- because an assistant gave it to her from they're dropper and took her blood pressure- ridiculous! I went along with the first appointment but didn't have the heart to do the other two after seeing how weak and miserable my daughter was afterwards. So, I ended up taking her to a family dentist who was able to do the work simply by explaining to her what all the dentist tools were and why fillings were important. It was nice to actually see a dentist be patient with her before pressuring me to drug her!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Dr. Farah N. Khan's Credentials

• Aga Khan Med Coll, Aga Khan Univ, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 2000)