Ratings for Dr. Farah N. Khan

There office could not figure out how to submit a BASIC teeth cleaning claim for our child who is under my insurance which I know works because I just had two crowns put in last month. She charged my wife $150 and demanded it was paid before the start of there visit???? Say what? Yes, she wanted money up front fort Services she didn't know at the time she was going to perform. So in the end sheer maybe got a teeth fishing or maybe not. I was not there. Most likely a dental hygienist who I pray is licensed did the work while Dr. Khan attened to get more lucrative clientele. She started she had ab few cavities and sheer worked need to schedule another appointment to get them fixed!??! Wait... Even typing this sounds so ridiculous... What did my wife pay $150 for when the national average of an uninsured patient is only $63 without Fluoride treatment and on average $36 for the additional treatment. How can a dentist who is treating our children be so abhorrent and discraful to the profession she represents. This will not stand and my insurance so my baby girl is listed on, the medical board, state commissioner office, as well as any refereeing parties they suggest will be contacted. This is in such a grey area of fraud and just really really bad medicine. I do not think Cigna would be happy to hear she is overcharging patients that she is 'unable to figure out how to submit a claim for a teeth cleaning!!" Nor will be there inspector general. I am wary to busy to deal with unprofessional, dishonest, and borderline fraudulent charges for Services not rendered or very poorly rendered., Because these are the people who give all the wonderful, hardworking, caring, and professional beyond reproach dentists and doctors that serve our communities. If you have had a similar experience with those dentist you need to file a complaint. This is per babies she is using as a way to get easy money. Not anymore Dr. Khan. I will be contacting the above parties as well as CMS to demand they do a random visit of the facility to determine if anything else is going on that is "inappropriate", allegedly.... However this was a first hand account so it's not great and I am the father of the child that was seen and my wife was the person who was conned out of $150 for questionable service.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

She saw my 2 year old who brushes his teeth everyday before sleep and then goes directly to sleep, we are very careful and we even brush his teeth midday, She wanted to do 2 fillings for him and she said that he is in bad shape, we went to 2 other dentists and both of them said he had no decay at all, both of them wanted to just give them cleaning and we ended up cleaning his teeth today at a very good dentist and I am not going to mention their name here so that you would know this is not and advertisement, she needs more business she chooses to prod and poke your children without need. Oh and don't get me started on billing, they wanted to bill my son $250 for sedation for a filling!, i have done a lot of fillings without sedation, but she requires it and won't even try without it, and no insurance covers sedation so you pay 100% of it and I am thinking this is how they make profit

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

The staff is great but the work is HORRIBLE! My daughter had multiple fillings and mini root canals. The fillings fell out after 3 months. The dentist blamed it on poor hygiene, bs my daughter brushes often. Now her crown fell off and is bleeding and they have no emergency number. DONT NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Horrible!! Avoid this dentist at all costs!! Will charge you through the roof and do a half assed job! Your child's crowns, fillings etc will be falling back out ASAP!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Service is great. Billing is HORRIBLE. They charge +$250 for sedation. "Sedation" is them giving you a prescription for Versed to fill at your pharmacy and bring with you to the appointment. One of the hygienist gives the medication in office....that's $250! They're supposed to bill your insurance first and refuse to do so. You must pay that up front, which they can't do according to my insurance company. They say you can't administer the medication at home because it's a narcotic that requires observation. Yet there is no "observation" equipment used while your child is sedated and I saw no equipment nearby in case of an emergency! AVOID THIS OFFICE & DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr didn't have a good demeanor with my daughter. She didn't introduce herself or try to ease my daughter's fears. Will not be back!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

My daughters have been going to dr khan for a few years. at first i was happy but my youngest daughter kept having fillings fall out after a week. they did get us in quick, always said "no charge" (but then again we have medicaid, so they cover that stuff) but she rushes EVERYTHING! she doesnt clean the teeth properly, and for cavities shes done in 10 min (if that!) with NO numbing! she performed a root canal on my daughter and put a silver cap on her tooth, not 2 yrs later, the tooth has to be pulled bcuz she didnt put the crown on correctly! took her to a different dentist and she has several issues with her teeth. ALL of these reveiws r tru, except for the one that gave 5 stars. dr khan is horrible and should have her license revoked!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I drove an hour and a half to see this dentist for my 6 year old. They promised they would do a cleaning, when I got there they said they were not doing a cleaning. And they had to do it next time. But they suuuuurrreee did Bill my Medicaid insurance for a cleaning. I would have never caught it......but I called my insurance to complain of their service. Also.....you can't switch your child to another dentist unless you pay them 30 dollars for X-rays....which we all know Medicaid families cannot afford. She is a horrible physician.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I've been taking my kids here for 3 yrs and now all of a sudden both of my children need work done lol I went through with it with my daughter and the sedation !! I will never ever do it again !! Then my son needed a small filing I said I refuse the sedation . So we went for his appt. He wasn't even in the room for 2 minutes and she came out and said he wasn't cooperating and she wanted to restrain him in a straight jacket lol they call it a blanket haha I said no way and I made him an appt at a different dental office . I'm done with dr khan she is horrible !! All these c comments are true! !!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I took my son to her to be seadated and was the wrost day ever she gave him some meds for sedation that he shouldn't of had being adhd kid and he had horrible side affects from the meds they said it would take 4 to 5 hrs to wear off he was violent mean I will never go back then my son was tied down and screaming he said he wasn't numb yet and she pulled his tooth

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr. Farah N. Khan's Credentials

• Aga Khan Med Coll, Aga Khan Univ, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 2000)

Coventry Healthcare