Ratings for Dr. Layne Kumetz

Best doctor I have seen in years!!! Thank you for your compassionate care and kindness!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr Kumetz is the best!!!!!! I'm so glad we choose her to be our OB. She is going to deliver my second baby and wouldn't have gone to anyone else even if you paid me a million bucks! She's so friendly and super detailed. Gives you such good advice and makes your pregnancy journey so much more enjoyable! Thanks Dr Kumetz!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Absolutely amazing doctor. The office staff is outstanding and caring. I have a fear of doctors and I can tell you that she is amazing and she really put me at ease.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

I love Dr. Kumetz She is the best. She is wonderful and is in network with my insurance. She went above and beyond to help through a difficult pregnancy. I will be her patient for life!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

At my first visit, she was very knowledgeable, told me things about my vagina I did not know. I thought she was really great. I asked her if I could get a pregnancy test done, as I felt that I was with child. I was not going to keep the child, as I wanted to terminate the pregnancy. When she told me I was pregnant, she was very jubilant and happy, and wanted to schedule me for all my tests. I had to interrupt her, to explain it was an unwanted pregnancy. Her tone changed abruptly, and she curtly mentioned she could do the termination. In each appointment, she continued to try to avoid the paperwork, and conversation. She didn't really want me to have it, and that's fine. She's allowed her opinion. But to give me the runaround consistently, instead of just being honest and telling me she didn't want to give me an abortion would have been preferred. I ended up going somewhere else, which was fine. I think she would be excellent for women deciding to have babies, as she is knowledgable, kind, and loves delivering babies. I just think her lack of professionalism was very telling.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Great :-)

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Kumetz by a top cardiologist, who said she was a wonderful GYN. I agree wholeheartedly. She is patient and caring, listens carefully and welcomes feedback about her office staff, office services and procedures she performs at outside surgical facilities. Dr. Kumetz strikes me as being extremely knowledgeable about her speciality and conservative about only ordering tests, medications and procedures necessary for optimal patient care. She obviously loves her work and has great compassion for her patients. I am in menopause and was a little hesitant to see a young GYN, wondering if she would understand or be interested in me. She has been fabulous from day one, put me at ease immediately and makes me feel as important as her younger OB patients. I am very happy that I found Dr. Kumetz and recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I'm pregnant and have had nothing but a positive experience with the Dr. Kumetz. She returns calls promptly and is very accommodating. The staff goes above and beyond and actually drove to my house to deliver my glucose drink for my next appt. The entire staff seems knowledgeable and friendly.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr. Kumetz has been my doctor for 6 yrs. In the last 2 years her service level has dropped to the worse ever. She uses strong arm tactics to increase her billable fees. i.e. If you had an exam last week, took blood & ultrasound tests received your results from the test provider, she will not review your results with you without forcing a face to face visit to increase her billable. Most Cedars doctors will review your results with you after recently seeing you. She will not change a recent prescription and increase the dose without another office visit, even if she wrote the script the day before. She can be very rude and nonresponsive. It takes days to get call backs for an appt or details regarding test results. She's a know it all, with very poor listening skills. She seems use to talking to children not adults. She has very poor customer service skills. Lookout she's an excessive biller! Her moto is do nothing w/o duplicating billing. Unresponsive staff!!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Kumetz is by far, hands down the best Gynecologist in Los Angeles!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Layne Kumetz's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 2003)