Ratings for Dr. Russell M. Kocemba

I have been going to Dr. Kocemba since 1998. He has always had my utmost care in check and listens to me. He doesn't always just prescribe meds and send me on my way. He takes an all over approach to my care. He is courteous, and stern when needed - but an excellent doctor. The staff and the new on-line MyChart are GREAT advances. I'm able to exchange emails if I have questions, etc. He also personally checked in with me when I had a serious condition - he and his assistant. Definitely recommend him for a care provider.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Very difficult to get an appointment same day, when you have a sick baby you don't to wait or go to urgent care. You want to see the doctor you are comfortable with and knows your baby. We have switched pediatricians because of this issue. He is a great doctor but that doesn't matter if you can't get in to see him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

One of the smarted doctors I have ever encountered. He takes his time with each patient, that's why I'm okay if he's behind. Although he does seem to run a lot of tests he explains why he wants each one and what he's looking for specifically. I'll be going to him for a long time.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

This doctor likes to part his patients from their cash. I even had to educate him on the latest articles on certain tests and their efficacy.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Well--- I thought I would need a neuro surgeon. I had nerve probs, tingling , numbness and felt horrible & tired all the time. Dr. Kocemba found that I was deficient in a nutrient and also talked me into physical therapy for my nerve & I'll feelings instead of surgery. It is so wonderful to feel normal again. Dr kocemba and his staff were very thorough gave me lots of their time with my questions. He is so good and seems to really care. Thank you , Jerr

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

This doctor is great! all of my family goes to him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

HORRIBLE!! There are no words to describe how much I despise him and his nurse, Monique. I had been going to Kocemba since I was a small child. After 4 years of not having to go in, I went in for a check up. His nurse is beyond rude. She told me I would gain all of my baby weight back if I did a diet (I didn't) and he acted like he had never seen me before. His nurse also told me that it was normal that I was so tired all the time due to my hypothyroidism and that my medication could not be changed. Kocemba didn't listen to me, insisted I do bunch of tests and refered me to a very expensive specialist. I told them to shove it and went to another doctor for a second opinion. She told me all of his tests were unnessisary and that I did not have to spend more money on going to a specialist. My new doc also changed my medication and told me that no it is not normal to be this tired. Please save your money and time and find another doctor. I am very disapointed :(

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

I have a real issue with him. I don't think there's enough space for me to vent all my frustrations. I went in on a saturday because I was just calling to talk to the on call doc, but he was there, so they told me to hurry in. I called for thrush(caused from breastfeeding). He did a lot of unnecessary tests, and didn't fix the problem I went in for. And I ended up having to go to a different doctor a week later to get treated correctly. He did a strep test on my daughter because she "seemed more irritable than a normal baby" (I'd woken her from her nap to rush there), and even after the culture showed negative he sent it to labs which cost me extra. He looked at her for maybe 2 minutes and charged $130 for that. Then he started delving into all these random issues, like stomach pain, bowel issues, etc. I have no idea why or how that came up from a thrush issue, but I ended up getting all these test, for nothing. It cost me about $500 to not even get treated for what I went in for.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

This doctor was frustrated in trying to find out what was wrong with me. Over a long period of time his frustration grew and he became rude. He accused me of drinking alcohol when I had left work to get to my doctor appointment. I had sprayed perfume on me so I wouldn't smell like I just smoked the ciggarette that I didn. He said no way and that I was lying. He was so insistant that I had been drinking and continued to degrade me. I never went back again. He is very rude

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR KOCEMBA FOR MANY YEARS. HE IS VERY DETAILED IN GETTING TO THE SOURCE OF YOUR ISSUE. HE IS SWEET AND IS A GREAT LISTENER. MY SELF, HUSBAND AND CHILD HAVE A GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF. HE NEVER RUSHS YOU. HE TAKES ALL THE TIME YOU NEED. TRY HIM YOU WILL LIKE HIM.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

Dr. Russell M. Kocemba's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company