Ratings for Dr. Leslie MacIntosh

She was awesome. Diagnosed me with a herniated disc. Definitely took the time to ensure I understood what I had and how treat it! If she was a GP I'd see her every time!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I was at Urgent Care for extreme pain in my leg. I couldn't walk and thought I had a groin pull. After being sent for an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot ( triage were great) Dt MacIntosh stepped in the room and told me I had a groin pull without even asking any questions or examining me. When I asked what degree she said well hop up here and we'll see. When I couldn't lie back in the table she said u have sciatica not a muscle problem. When I told her I had had sciatica before and this was nothing like what I had experienced and that I was in extreme pain her response was that I would get used to it. She said you know how when u get stone in your shoe and it really irritates u but after a while it you don't even notice it is there .. Your brain can do amazing things. She then said she would write me a prescription for gabapentin. She didn't even arrange for someone to wheel me out of the room. I tried to walk out and fortunately another physician saw me and got some assistance. After I arranged to see a sports medicine specialist and a physio.bi have a hip joint problem and severe hip flexor strain. The medication she prescribed is totally inappropriate as was her diagnosis. She is far to interested in pushing patients through at the expense of providing quality care. The wait time numbers look good but how many of her patients have to re enter the system at a later point in time because of her unprofessionalism.

Submitted February 1, 2016

After waiting a couple hours , listened to my chest and told me I had a common cold and go home eat garlic and chicken soup . Went to my doctor the next day, who ordered blood tests , which came back with a hemoglobin of 105(I'm 37, this is low) and lymphocytosis. In her Rush to get everyone in And out, something was overlooked. Thank God I followed up with my doctor, since she didn't believe me that this wasn't your average illness I was coming in with

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. MacIntosh doesn't have the best bedside manner, but at first we were pleased with her care overall (at Urgent Care). She got my dad a CT the same day and told us that he'd had a stroke and referred us to stroke clinic. Luckily we got into stroke clinic very quickly, because from there we found out that it wasn't a stroke at all, but metastatic cancer. So, the misdiagnosis was a little troubling, but at least she referred us to someone with more knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I was treated at Mis Urgent Care for a suspected heart attack on Dec 29, 2011. I received an EKG, an ex ray, a CT scan, several temperature readings,my blood pressure was taken several times, my pulse checked often, several blood samples,and given the results and finally prepped and sent over to St B for a stent.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I saw Dr. MacIntosh at Urgent Care twice. The first time I waited several hours (as expected in ER) in quite a lot of abdominal pain while pregnant and she brushed off my concerns as "normal pregnancy pain" and didn't acknowledge how I felt at all. She grudingly gave me an appointment for an ultrasound after a lot of pushing. After the ultrasound the next day I was sent back down to see her after being assured it would only be 20 mins max, and yet I waited hours again and watched her walk by multiple times and sit down (OUTSIDE OF MY ROOM) and catch up on her paperwork while I was waiting. After she finally came into my room, she admitted there was something wrong on the ultrasound and that they were sending me to another hospital to see a surgeon. No more information than that, and it caused a great deal of panic in me! No bedside manners at all.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

She is a great doctor. I met her at Urgent care. She is knowledgeable and caring. I respect her!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Last October, I experienced severe back pain and went to Urgent Care. Dr. MacIntosh saw me and because she felt I required x-rays, a CT and blood tests, I found out I had cancer. If it wasn't for her thoroughness and speedy follow-up, I would probably not have had such successful treatment.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Was very helpful and was responsible for my getting admitted to a hospital for necessary treatment. She was insistent with the hospital and as a result, I was admitted that night and treatments for my cancer and fluid on my lungs was started immediately.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

I don't understand all the positive reviews about her. I had the "pleasure" of meeting this woman (I don't consider her a doctor) at the Urgent Care two years ago. Back then, I didn't fully realize that I had fallen into the clutches of a severe chronic pain condition. She basicallly treated me like I was a five year old child who didn't know anything, and her rude attitude stunned me so much I ran off crying! Extremely inappropriate action on her part, as I was in so much physical pain I thought I'd collapse.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009