Ratings for Dr. David E. Trentham

He is an idiot he cannot diagnose anything he is a joke

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Dr. Trentham saved my my life. He is truley the most glorious of physicians. My rheumatologist since 1987.Now since he is retired, I am running into problems with my arthritis. I hope to find some relief somewhere. It's difficult to place your trust in another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr Trentham was indeed, an excellent physician, a kind and gentle human being and a true gentleman. He is sorely missed by those patients who loved him and owe their health and life to him. I traveled from Buffalo NY to Boston several times a year just to see him. He and his lovely wife, who headed research trials of new non toxic medicines to help RA, became like good friends to me, in addition to medical professionals, whom I held in the highest esteem. Dr Trentham understood my desire to take medications with the least side effects possible and he did everything he could to help me achieve that. I sadly did not see him before his well deserved retirement. I was doing much better with my RA thanks to him and his wife and had become immersed in caring for a mother with Alzheimer's. I wish Dr Trentham and his wife the most wonderful life of retirement away from all the Boston cold and snow :). Thank you Dr Trentham, for all you did for me. Joanne from Buffalo.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr Trentham is a kind man and excellent doctor. He cured me of scleroderma and I will be eternally grateful. He treats autoimmune diseases and was very direct with what he treated and how he treated. I didnt go to him for pain management. He called me to monitor my progress and I called him only when needed. I loved his demeanor, found it refreshing. If you need a doctor go to him, if you need a therepist, then go to one.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

My family wishes Dear Doctor Trentham a wonderful retirement. He saved my 15 year old daughter's life back in the late 1990s. Other doctors said she had aprox 2 years and prescibed drugs that would have destroyed her organs. Dr. Trentham's treatment gave her her life back. She is now 30 years of age and has a child. She is now healthy and happy. There is a place in our hearts for you Dr. Trentham! Please know you made a difference! Happy Retirement.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I recently ascertained that Dr. David Trentham retired and moved to Florida. This was the best news that I have heard in quite a long time. As for Dr. Trentham's mannerisms, when things were right between Dr. Trentham and his patient, then everything was splendid. However, as soon as something was out of the norm, well it was out of the norm if you happen to have any questions for him on anything that he recommended, i.e. the Minocyline, then he would become quite abrupt and callously cut you off and say, "Sorry, I hope that everything works out for you." He was Totally Unprofessional. A lot of patients will now be spared from this man shortage of empathy, which is the first thing that a doctor must exhibit when dealing with sick patients. Enjoy your Retirement and please stay retired Dr. David Trentham...

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

I have seen alot of doctors in my years, Dr. Trentham is in the top 5, and that is an "A plus" rating!!! WONDERFUL BEST SIDE MANNER TOO!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

Dr. Trentham's research saved my daughter's life. He is a gracious gentleman. Pleasant and positive. As far as I'm concerned, he walks on water.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I started seeing Dr. Trentham when I was 13, about 12 years ago after being treated at Boston Children's for a little over 3 years. My original prognosis was that I would only live until about age 12, so by the time I was 13, my team of doctors at Boston Children's were simply telling my family and I that we should be thankful that I had made it this long. Im very happy to say that Dr.Trentham took a different approach. Changing my course of treatment, monitoring my care, always taking my what I had to say to heart and respecting my own knowledge of my condition and body. I can say with 100% certainty that Dr. Threntham saved my life. He is rather unusual and does have a propensity to speak in simplistic terms. However, I dont believe that he means any disrespect by this and if your like me and have been to more than your share of doctors in your life, you'll find his bedside manner and up beat personality refreshing.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

I was optimistic to obtain a second opinion for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Sadly, Dr. Trentham not only did not read the copious file that I brought, shuffling it around Forrest Gump wise, but he also stopped me from completing the new Beth Israel paperwork. intake was too miniminal, exam was almost non existant. I had thorough intelligent questions in which he answered almost babylike as if he assumed that I was incapable of a detailed answer. I attempted a change in treatment at his advice regardless which was not successful immediately and was given a follow up appointment significantly far out to address the allergic reaction and new course of action. when I made a gentle reminder that I take no nsaids or pain meds or any kind and would now have to go an inordinate amount of time also treatment free, this doctor told me that "I would manage." Low grades for input, time spent, examination, review of record, diagnostic skills, follow up, and level of care.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. David E. Trentham's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)