Ratings for Dr. James Bartunek

Excellent doctor,very approachable and professional. However, much leaves to be desired in terms of his secretarial staff. He does not have staff available at his practice. If you need to call, you leave a message and are called back the next day. This was a problem with cancellations, because if you called in the evening and the appointment was for the morning, you'd still get charged for a missed appointment. Furthermore, I had some problems with my insurance company. They kept dropping me and adding me, so the insurance changed several times. I tried calling and leaving simple messages regarding the issue, but didn't feel comfortable leaving detailed messages. I wanted to speak with an individual. I was trying to resolve coverage issues with insurance at the same time and wanted to relay that my insurance should have paid, but didn't. Billing is another issue which could use major work. They use a company called MD Billing Solutions which can only contact you...inconvenient.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Dr. Bartunek was the first doctor to really listen to my symptoms and come up with a clear diagnosis, but was not good with follow through. My medication required blood draws and he stopped drawing my blood, I started to feel sick eventually and when I called him for a blood draw I was already at a toxic level and my kidney functioning was failing. I think he is good, but doesn't pay close enough attention to the patients he has over time.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

very nice man, I was comfortable with him from the start.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

Dr. Bartunek is an excellent doctor. He really takes the time to listen to you and to treat you appropriately. Now a days everyone is busy and many times doctors rush you into the office and out. Not Dr. Bartunek. He uses your whole appointment time to talk and listen to you. He answers my questions and I really appreciate that.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

Dr. James Bartunek's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Altius Health Plans