Ratings for Dr. Crystal Barnwell

Dr. Barnwell really saved my life. She has a no nonsense approach yet she actually listens to you. She up to date on the latest practices as well as nutrition. She is one of the best! Hands Down! She is off the scenes, but what she taught me as a patient still holds true.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Barnwell is an exceptional doctor who actually cares about your health. She doesn't want to be just a dispensary for pills. She wants her patients to be actively involved in their care and she wants them to be knowledgeable about their issues. Although this might bother those who want to rush in and rush out, I, for one appreciate it. I know how to read my labs and now am personally responsible if I don't make changes in my lifestyle. Please clone this doctor or teach others how to do what this woman has done for me.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Dr.Barnwell appears very knowledgeable and helpful, The staff appers compentent. I have been a patient for several years my only complaint would be the time. I always have a scheduled appointment however the wait time is far too long. There should be more consideration for the the patient's schedule. I literally have to take a full day off work for an appointment. You must give up at least 5 to 6 hours for one appointment. Other than the time I have been very please with the overall service.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Disorganized office staff. Doctor is very helpful and knowledgeable. However dealing with office staff is very stressful. Charges patient extra to take credit card for payment. There is an additional charge if you call and ask questions about drug interaction with over the counter medicine. I will not return.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Very knowledgeable.The staff is rude. I probably will not go back. I don't understand why patients are informed that you have to pay cash and if you you a debit/visa/credit card, there is a fee.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

The first time I went to their office, I saw her husband, Dr. Kenneth Barnwell. He was great. Reminded me a lot of a small town doctor, very friendly and courteous. I was scheduled with her the second and thrid time I tried to go back there. I ended up leaving. They are terrible on time. My wait was outrageous and I had an appointment. Instead of offering some apology for the inconvenience and an explanation, the staff had a nasty attitude. It seems to me that this doctor thinks we are vying for her services when in fact, she needs to understand that she is vying for our business.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

This doctor and staff are terrible. I have been a patient there on/off for years. I am young and take care of myself so I only go once in a while for a routine physical. The wait time is crazy and that is at 8am. I had a physical in May and still have not recieved my lab results. I called and they told me they do not mail them to patients, I would have to come in and pick them up. WHAT! ARE SERIOUS! They inconvenience their patients to the fullest. Believe me I will never go back there again! She is terrible and no personality. She is not friendly AT ALL. I have contact BCBS about her service and request an investigation of her practices.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Very caring doctor with a comprehensive approach to medical services that is unparalleled.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008

Very intelligent and informative. Goes way beyond anything I have ever experienced in a doctors office.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2007

Dr. Crystal Barnwell's Credentials

• Morehouse School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

• BCBS Illinois