Ratings for Dr. Michael Schuffler

I paid a premium to see this specialist, but really I spent most of my time with his assistant and he came in for 2 minutes to repeat what she had already said and not listen to me at all. He ordered a test, and we got no real results/ answers. When I asked an educated question about one of my tests that could be a false negative (because I already was eating a gluten free diet, so they couldn't really test me for the gluten intolerance) he basically shrudded it off, then made a snide comment about how my symptoms may be from stress of planning my wedding... except I have been having sympotoms for years, and hadn't even met my now husband when my symptoms started. And I was not feeling stressed anyway. I still have painfull symptoms, and once again got refered to him, but I will be searching for a new specialist. My advice is find someone who actually cares about their clients and take time to listen.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Schuffler is amazing. I have seen him now since 1995. He remains just as attentive to my needs as he was the day I first saw him. Dr. Schuffler is highly knowledgeable in his field, especially in motility issues. He is conservative with tests and treatment yet knows when something is absolutely necessary. He also allows the patient to give input and be involved in the decision making of the care plan. It is a huge plus that Dr. Schuffler is extremely caring and a truly wonderful person. I feel completely blessed to have been referred to him many years ago. He continually has my best interests in mind and strives to help my quality of life to be better. It is going to be a very sad day when this wonderful doctor retires. He is that great.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Dr. Schuffler has always been very approachable and open to my concerns. He is extremely knowledgeable and kind. highly professional.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Talk about making you feel small.... this guy thinks he is something.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Schufler gave me a wonderful quality of life back that I had lost for over 10 years. He really listened to what I had to say and was very concerned about my problem and progress. He is very easy to talk to with a great bedside manner. He was also thorough but practical in the testing he sent me for. I would very highly recommend Dr. Schuffler to anyone looking for a fantastic Gastro!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2007

Dr. Michael Schuffler's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1966)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal