Ratings for Dr. Octavian M. Belcea

Great doctor, but his new subscription program means $150 per month just to be a patient.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Belcea for over 6 years and he is the first of a long, long line of doctors I actually trust. He's non-judgmental, open to actual conversation, and flexible with treatments that the patient feels comfortable with- he's always open to hearing your side. He seems a bit short staffed, but anyone working for him is quality. He has many patient- some who pay a lot to be first in line- but his staff all know me by name and that's a bonus.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

No one in this office answers the phone anymore. Need an appointment? Leave a voice mail. Have a question for the nurse? Leave a voice mail. Need to know if your labs have come in? Leave a voice mail. I am switching doctors.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

My wife and I were patients of Dr. Belcea for nearly 10 years prior to his practice being forced to drop my insurance provider (Aetna). We have still not found another doctor that we like well enough to see on a routine basis. Dr. Belcea's is a private practice and we'd never experienced the kind of inconvenience or frustration that we do with every other primary care physician, almost all of whom are now associated with the larger hospitals in the area. My wife had worked in the medical field for years (bacteriology) and always went in with high expectations as she has a very keen ability for self-diagnosis and treatment and was never disappointed. In addition to being an excellent physician, Dr. Belcea is also one of the most personable and likable physicians you'll likely ever meet. And his office is NOT managed by his wife. The practice is called Wakefield Family Medicine and Dentistry - the dentist being his wife - Dr. Jennifer Le.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I am very disappointed with the services of Dr. Belcea's staff. His wife manages the office. My aunt has been ill for over 2 years and has been steadily getting worse. She is in great pain and can hardly breathe. After a visit to his office, she was informed that she should return with no appointment to have lab work. When we returned, we were told that we needed an appointment. We could either wait 40 minutes or go somewhere else. When we explained what we had been told, the Dr.'s wife told us not to be disrespectful. Less than a week later, my still sick and not improving 75 year old aunt was terminated as his patient. I was appalled. I am amazed that a doctor would cancel a sick patient that he has not helped get well over a communication error on their part. I would not recommend this doctor or this office.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

I just recently visited Dr Belcea because my primary doc left town for another job,and I can't believe how much he seemed to care about my condition on my first visit.Think I'm really going to like him. Thanks for your time C.J. Ray

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Belcea is a really good doctor and if he could hold onto decent staff, he could be a great doc. But, this office is completely hopelessly unknowledgeable, never call back, never call in Rx's, fax doesn't work, "oh sorry, I was on vacation," or "Oh sorry, we didn't know you had an appt today, new nurse each time you go, etc. Completely hopeless. We're outta here.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Has been my Primary Care physician for 7 years. Excellent in all areas-understanding,compassion,concern. Also makes home visits when necessary.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

This is an incredible physician's office in EVERY respect. The staff is wonderful. Lab results are reported immediately upon completion. Dr. Belcea appears to truly care about his patients, spending time really listening to the patient and working with the patient for any and all issues. I have even transferred my children to his office as his medical care and diagnostic skills are much better than any other physician I have ever visited. As a patient, one can approach Dr. Belcea with any issue. He doesn't make "snap" diagnosis to individual symptoms, but researches the patient as a whole. I have found his knowledge, diagnosis skills and research to be far superior to his peers.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2008

Dr. Belcea does not hurry with his patients. He takes the time to talk with you about your illness. I once had to take my daughter in after she became ill at school (right next door), and he made time to see her. I feel that he truly cares about his patients. I have had no bad experiences with him or his staff.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2007

Dr. Octavian M. Belcea's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)