Ratings for Dr. Daniel F. Roses

excellent surgeon. Kind and compassionate to patients.explains procedures clearly.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I am happy to recommend Dr. Daniel Roses to those contemplating breast surgery. He recently operated on me for DCIS and I appreciated his competence and professionalism. He knows the science, has contributed to the literature, and his surgical skills are exemplary (note, he is the Jules Leonard Whitehill Professor of Surgery and Oncology at NYU Langone Medical Center). His manner is straight-forward, reassuring and non-patronizing. He understands the anxiety associated with the procedures he is performing, and went out of his way to relate to me the results of the pathology report as soon as it was made available to him. The next day, in his office, in an un-rushed way, he went over the entire pathology report with my husband and me. He also listened attentively to our questions and responded appropriately. He is assisted by his very capable nurse practitioner.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I was diagnosed with breast cancer this year and was shocked and overwhelmed with all that faced me. I was in touch with Dr. Roses the day after my diagnosis. He was my only saving grace! His amazing surgical skills are matched only by his compassion. I have never met a doctor who generally cared not only about your illness, but also your emotions and general well-being. My surgery was a complete success and i was back to my normal life within 48 hr. While most surgeons dismiss you after their job is done- Dr. Roses has remained connected with me while I now face my follow-up treatment. He is an amazing Dr and individual, NYU is very fortunate to have him and the tremendous contribution he plays in the excellent status of the NYU Cancer Center.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Roses is both a superb surgeon and human being. I felt confident that I was getting the best care humanly possible in all regards.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

In June 1986, two doctors in Rockland County told me my melanoma was advanced and I had three to six months to live. I was 38. I feel really lucky that I heard about Dr Roses. My cousin went to see him with me. She noticed books on excellence on his shelves. He performed a wide excision on my right temple, and I am still here! Then in 2001, Dr. Roses performed a mastectomy on my left breast. I love Dr. Roses, he is a great surgeon and a great man. Helene makes sure his office is organized, and I love getting my mammograms at the NYU Cancer Center, because you see a doctor within a few minutes, they show you your pictures, and you don't have to wonder and worry for days.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Roses after I had what I thought was a cyst removed which then turned out to be a DFSP rare sarcoma. Dr. Roses was completely reassuring and kind and promised that I was going to be fine after he performed my 2nd surgery and cleared the margins. I was extremely fortunate to be in a place where I could see the dr. that wrote the book on rare tissue sarcomas, for the first surgeon I used had never seen one before and was recommending skin grafts and chemo. Dr. Roses is the doctor to see regarding cancer.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

I was very pleased with Dr. Roses and his staff. Dr. Roses does not expect my insurance and I still use him , that should be enough said...

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr Roses is an amazing doctor. He runs a tight ship and you will not get lost in a system when you go to his practice. He is a very senior surgeon and has amazing experience, so he will only refer the best doctors to contribute to the team handling your care along with him. He is very careful in all aspects of his work. He is a man of varied interests and is a gifted human being. He doesn't sugar coat things and it can be a bit hard to read what he is thinking at times, but I do feel I am in very good hands with Dr Roses. Unlike many doctors today who can be so wishy washy, Dr Roses makes his recommendations clear to the patient. I would recommend him highly to anyone, anywhere. And it is true, Dr Roses wrote the book on breast cancer. Why go to anyone else?

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Roses for a surgical biopsy following an abnormal mammogram. I have had surgery in the past and get very anxious. Dr. Roses was extremely knowledgeable, very informative, approachable and reassuring. He lessened my fears without being patronizing or pandering. The evening of my out-patient surgery, Dr. Roses called me at home to see how I was doing (on a Friday night!). As soon as he received my pathology results, Dr. Roses called to let me know the results, although he could just as easily have waited until I was in his office for my post-op visit. Hopefully I will never need breast surgery again, but if I do, I will see Dr. Roses.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

A superb surgeon and wonderful human being! Dr. Roses is a caring individual with unsurpassed surgical skills. He is a clear communicator and will answer all questions and explain all procedures. His support staff,both medical and administrative, is excellent. Look no further for a skilled Parathyroid surgeon. He is the best in NYC, without a doubt.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr. Daniel F. Roses's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1969)