Ratings for Dr. Daniel F. Roses

Dr. Roses is an amazing doctor and an extremely caring and compassionate human being. He saved my best friend's life 12 years ago and when I was diagnosed with breast cancer four months ago, there was no question as to whom I would have perform my surgery. I was in for my initial consult almost immediately and my mastectomy was scheduled for a week and a half later. Four months later and I could not be any happier with my decision.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

A more competent, compassionate physician would be hard to find. Thank you Dr. Roses.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Ten years ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. When I asked my doctors and friends for cancer surgeon references, Dr. Daniel Roses was one most recommended. I trusted him completely ten years ago, and I continue to do so to this day. A little over a month ago I was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma that required surgery. Once again, I turned to Dr. Roses for help, and, as before, he treated me with outstanding skill, kindness, and compassion. I am beyond grateful to be his patient and one of his countless success stories.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

excellent surgeon. Kind and compassionate to patients.explains procedures clearly.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I am happy to recommend Dr. Daniel Roses to those contemplating breast surgery. He recently operated on me for DCIS and I appreciated his competence and professionalism. He knows the science, has contributed to the literature, and his surgical skills are exemplary (note, he is the Jules Leonard Whitehill Professor of Surgery and Oncology at NYU Langone Medical Center). His manner is straight-forward, reassuring and non-patronizing. He understands the anxiety associated with the procedures he is performing, and went out of his way to relate to me the results of the pathology report as soon as it was made available to him. The next day, in his office, in an un-rushed way, he went over the entire pathology report with my husband and me. He also listened attentively to our questions and responded appropriately. He is assisted by his very capable nurse practitioner.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I was diagnosed with breast cancer this year and was shocked and overwhelmed with all that faced me. I was in touch with Dr. Roses the day after my diagnosis. He was my only saving grace! His amazing surgical skills are matched only by his compassion. I have never met a doctor who generally cared not only about your illness, but also your emotions and general well-being. My surgery was a complete success and i was back to my normal life within 48 hr. While most surgeons dismiss you after their job is done- Dr. Roses has remained connected with me while I now face my follow-up treatment. He is an amazing Dr and individual, NYU is very fortunate to have him and the tremendous contribution he plays in the excellent status of the NYU Cancer Center.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Roses is both a superb surgeon and human being. I felt confident that I was getting the best care humanly possible in all regards.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

In June 1986, two doctors in Rockland County told me my melanoma was advanced and I had three to six months to live. I was 38. I feel really lucky that I heard about Dr Roses. My cousin went to see him with me. She noticed books on excellence on his shelves. He performed a wide excision on my right temple, and I am still here! Then in 2001, Dr. Roses performed a mastectomy on my left breast. I love Dr. Roses, he is a great surgeon and a great man. Helene makes sure his office is organized, and I love getting my mammograms at the NYU Cancer Center, because you see a doctor within a few minutes, they show you your pictures, and you don't have to wonder and worry for days.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Roses after I had what I thought was a cyst removed which then turned out to be a DFSP rare sarcoma. Dr. Roses was completely reassuring and kind and promised that I was going to be fine after he performed my 2nd surgery and cleared the margins. I was extremely fortunate to be in a place where I could see the dr. that wrote the book on rare tissue sarcomas, for the first surgeon I used had never seen one before and was recommending skin grafts and chemo. Dr. Roses is the doctor to see regarding cancer.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

I was very pleased with Dr. Roses and his staff. Dr. Roses does not expect my insurance and I still use him , that should be enough said...

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Daniel F. Roses's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1969)