Ratings for Dr. Nita Paintal

She is a wonderful doctor. Very caring, understanding and extremely knowledgable. She is very reserved and out of all of the psychiatrists I've had she is by far the best. My last psychiatrist had me on 11 medications also went along with my misdiagnosis. The last 3 doctors all had me misdiagnosed with MDD, substance abuse and GAD. Paintal finally diagnosed me correctly with BPD and suggested group therapy in an outpatient DBT program which has turned my life around. I am still struggling, but she wants me on the least medications as possible. She made that clear. I appreciate that. Her treatment method I like because she makes the decisions. As she should. She is the doctor. Someone commented it "is her way or no way" well no duh, you shouldn't be telling a doctor what to prescribe you. So far medicines have worked wonderfully, she is prompt on calling back if I have questions and she is patient and caring. Love this doctor, I suggest her even to friends. :)

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Paintal was very patient with my dad who has dimentia. She spent a half hour talking to him, engaging him with questions about himself. He really liked her, and we are now going to see her again. I accompanied him for the wole visit. She was a little late taking us in for the appointment, so what else is new when dealing with patients? Date of Visit 3/28/2011

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. Paintal takes the time to listen and engages in meaningful diaglogue. I have always felt supported and treated with respect.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

After reading the ratings here I was prepared for the worst. However, Dr. Paintal was on time, kind, and smart. She seems reserved, which might not translate well to everyone. I was satisfied.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

I've been seeing Dr Paintal for approximately 3yrs for depression due to a very nasty divorce. I think Dr Painal is an excellent doctor,very knowledgable in her field & she's always been willing to hear me out & work with me. I havn't been responsive to many medications but Dr Paital (after many disappointments) didn't have a problem trying different combinations finding the right one that has suceeded. I didn't begin seeing Dr Paintal looking for sympathy from her. I needed a doctor with exceptional knowlege 7 expertiese her her field. I should also add that she also highly recommends group therapy along with medications for many of her patients'. Both have done wonders for me!!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Works in a filthy hospital, rude and uncaring. Missed a drug reaction with me and diagnosed me incorrectly. There are so many other good psychiatrists around, don't go see her.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007

This woman had me on 13 different medications and ECT (shock) treatments at one time. She couldn't have cared less about me. Normal wait time for an appointment was at minimum 45 mintues. To wait 45 minutes for a five minute appointment is pathetic.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

I felt I was treated with no compassion and disrepest. Treatment tended to be her way or no way. It was not uncommon for her to state all other doctors were not qualified to help me. She tended to be habitually late for each appointment. I felt no compassion at all with this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2007

Dr. Nita Paintal's Credentials

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1988)