Ratings for Dr. James I. Spak

I told him I had pain in my knees and hands and he said it was nothing. A month later I have both my hands in hand braces and have been in pain.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Very trying and stressfull working with both dr and staff. After 3 years- don't know why we waited and stayed so long. Time for new.dr. and team. I just hope it works out.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Had my ACL replaced and miniscus work done. All went very well. I highly recommend the $200 water pump for the post recovery.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Spent minimal time addressing my injury, did not administer the correct prognosis. Told me I could walk on my ankle with no damage being done. Walked on it, swelled up for weeks. Called back with concerns that I could no longer walk now and insisted it was due to swelling and that he would see me in a week. Went to a different doctor, sent me for an MRI and had a partial torn ligament in my ankle.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Very satisfied. I was initially sent for an MRI showing my knee had a torn ACL. I expected surgery but was told that based on my history there was a chance I could improve with just physical therapy. I gave that a try, and so far it has worked. I appreciate that I was not pushed into surgery.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Poor bedside/office manner. Good surgeon. Came poorly recommended to me to begin with. I should have listened. He dismissed all my concerned, treated me like a child though in my fifties. Has ears but did not really listen or care. Errors in his notes.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2011

this doctor seemed rather cold and dismissive. he didnt seem to care much when i brought up problems i was having due to my injury. he seemed rushed and disinterested.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

Dr. James I. Spak's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1992)

• BCBS Massachusetts