Ratings for Dr. Mark T. Nolden

Dr Nolden may be a good doctor but he has little or no regard for his patients. It took three weeks to get an appointment which was then rescheduled and cancelled twice by a less than service oriented staff. The office waiting room functions like a meat market. I would rather find another doctor who can honor appointments than go through this again. After an MRI, last year it took 4 weeks to get in to see Dr. Nolden just to get the results.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

You cannot schedule an appointment through a main office -- you have to call his so-called assistant and then wait for her to call you back. She never seems to answer the phone, so you also have to leave a voice message. I did just that and now some 8 days later I'm still waiting to hear back!!! And I all wanted to do was schedule an appoitment, after I was referred to the doctor by one his colleagues. The "assistant" claims that she will return all calls with a day or two. NOT!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Dr. Mark Nolden and his assistant were terrific. I was diagnosed with a degenerative disc, and he explained everything in great detail, answered my questions and gave me many options. Last resort will be surgery. He recommended a lumbar injection and made me aware that there was a possibility that I would need more than one but no more than three. I had a my 3rd one recently and I feel 95% better. If you are looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Terrible Assistant rude, arrogant did not listen, I waited 3 months for the appt then waited for 2 hours to then be seen not be the doctor but his assistant who was rude , arrogant and unhelpful the doctor walked by and did not care. Unv. of Wisconsin please find someone who graduated from Universsity of Chicago

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

I had a laminectomy and spinal fusion four years ago with Dr. Nolden. I am feeling great and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking help. He was honest and direct, confident and kind. He is a very quiet person but after seeing two other doctors who recommended the same surgery he did, I knew instantly when I met and talked with him that he was the doctor I trusted with my spine. The results proved my feelings to be the right ones.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr Nolden has been great to me and did a great job on my spinal fusion. I am about 2 months out and am feeling significantly better. I like his assistant and his PA, both of whom are very helpful and nice. I was dissapointed in how much my insurance did not cover, however don't feel that should affect my feelings towards Dr. Nolden and his office. Good doctor, would (and have) recommend.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

DR. NOLDEN DID A EXCELLENT JOB ON MY SPINAL FUSION. I FELT GOOD AFTER THE SURGERY. HOWEVER, MY PAIN RETURNED 1 YEAR AFTER SURGERY AND HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE BY THE MONTH. DR. NOLDEN COULD NOT SEE A REASON FOR MY PAIN BY LOOKING AT THE X-RAYS. THE SPINAL FUSION WAS SUCESSFULL. HOWEVER, AFTER A MRI AND CT SCAN HE DISCOVERED THAT I HAVE SPINAL STENOSIS. I NOW FEEL LIKE I AM DEALING WITH A DIFFERENT DOCTOR. I WANT TO GIVE HIM A GOOD REVIEW FOR THE GREAT JOB HE DID ON MY FIRST SURGERY. HOWEVER, NOW HE TREATS ME LIKE A MAILINGERING PEST. HE SEEMS TO DISMISS THE AMOUNT OF PAIN I AM IN AND HOW IT IS EFFECTING MY LIFE. I THOUGHT ONCE HE FOUND THE SPINAL STANOSIS ON MY LAST SET OF TESTS, HE MIGHT ACT AT THOUGH HE BELIEVES ME, BUT I STILL FEEL THAT HE THINKS I AM NOTHING BUT A WORKERS COMP MAILINGER. IN CONCLUSION, MY SURGERY WENT WELL AND MY CARE FROM HIM AND EVERYONE IN HIS OFFICE WAS GREAT. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED CONCERNING MY SPINAL STENOSIS.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Superior Orthopedic spinal services. My surgery was flawless, results were excellent.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

I came to Dr. Nolden after more than a year of contradictory diagnoses of severe pain and disabling new injuries following surgery by another neurosurgeon. I was certain I was deaing with unstated agendas of some of the surgeons evaluating me. Some of them treated me quite badly, which can happen when there has been a medical error, or even the possibility of it. I was sent to Dr. Nolden by a doctor in whom I have complete confidence. Dr. Nolden answered all my questions—something no one else did—and he answered them honestly, looking me right in the eye. He told me he could do surgery on my spine, but could not give me even a 50/50 chance of success, and did not think I should I proceed. This was not what I wanted to hear, but I believed him. This is a very outstanding YOUNG doctor, just beginning his career. He does not have the tiresome arrogance of so many spine surgeons. I believe his reputation is going to grow over time.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2007

didnt like this guy one bit! seemed egotistical didnt listen, and i complained of a secondary pain which he didnt doccument. i had a herniated disc accompained with elbow pain and related that the elbow pain is UNRELATED which Ive since been told by 2 drs that its a direct relation.....didnt return phone calls and MOST OF ALL HIS FEMALE ASSISTANT/WHATEVER SHE IS.....IS RUDE, IGNORANT AND SEEMS TO TAKE THE ATTITUDE THAT YOURE BOTHERING HER WITH EVERY QUESTION YOU ASK...... AND MINE WERE FEW DUE TO THE UNPLEASTANTNEST OF HER FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND GENERAL DEMEANOR!! SHE NEEDS TO WORK IN A LAB AND NOT AROUND PEOPLE.!..! IM NOT ONE TO CALL NAMES OR CURSE ABOUT SOMEONE BUT IT WOULD BE WARRANTED WITH THIS GIRL....... WHO WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS! BEWARE

flag | Submitted September 8, 2007

Dr. Mark T. Nolden's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1996)