Ratings for Dr. James R. Van Horne

Dr. Van Horn and staff rocked my hip replacement. His plans included educational as well as physical therapy and exercises preparing for a smooth recovery. All of the crew at Paragon Ortho pedic are knowledgeable and practiced that we all could share a positive experience while getting my life back again. I've had several orthopedic surgeries at brand X clinics and belive you me, I wouldn't recommend them to an enemy, IF I had one.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2019

Dr Van Horne and his staff is great. I was in a lot of pain before surgery and was very worried that it wasn't going to get better with surgery. Boy was I wrong I was pain free right after surgery. I was even up and walking with in minute of waking up from surgery and went home a couple of hours later. Dr Van Horne's program is great. Follow all the rules and you will do fine.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

Dr. Van Horne performed a total hip replacement for my wife. I can only echo the other comments. The regime outlined by Dr. Van Horne and his staff made the recovery process understandable and lead to an excellent result. My role as coach to my wife likewise was easier because of the instructions given to me. Before surgery many people we talked to seemed to have forgotten that the recovery process includes pain, effort on the part of the patient and some stress. I guess that is human nature, but I wish to emphasize that this is major surgery. The more preparation and effort the patient puts into the prep and recovery the better and faster the recovery. The coach's role is important too. A coach following the protocol should be prepared to assist the patient around the clock as needed. Among the tasks the coach should perform are assisting the patient in getting to the bathroom and to and from bed in the early days. The coach needs to monitor and make sure the patient takes the medicines prescribed in the proper order and times. The coach needs to encourage and assist in the exercise regime. Strengthening the patient's strength and flexibility leads to a great recovery and restores the patient's confidence faster as well. There will be pain in the process but the result is amazing. Of course the coach will need to assist in getting the patient in and ut of the car, taking the patient to P. T. Encouragement and tough love are the keys. I recommend Dr. Van Horne and his staff. They are helpful and caring people.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Dr Van Horne performed a total hip replacement on me. I only wish I'd done it sooner! At the first visit to his office I was put on an exercise routine that involved walking for an hour every day, stretching for 15 minutes four times a day, and strengthening for 15 minutes four times a day. By the time I had surgery I was in the best physical condition I had been in for quite some time, and it really paid off after surgery. I was discharged the same day I had surgery and immediately began his after surgery routine which involved walking for 15 minutes four times a day, stretching for 15 minutes four times a day, and strengthening for 15 minutes four times a day. If I wasn't doing any of the above, I was lying with my legs elevated and had an ice pack over the incision site. I was able to follow the after surgery routine because I was strong from having followed Dr Van Horne's guidelines before surgery, and following his instructions after surgery made my recovery amazingly fast. If you decide to have Dr Van Horne perform your surgery, do what he tells you to do. I can't stress that enough! Dr Van Horne has immensely more experience with hip replacements than you do, and he knows how to make your recovery successful. It will take a lot of work on your part, but you will have the best possible outcome. A word of advice: Be sure to select a physical therapist who has worked with Dr Van Horne and knows his protocol.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Van Horne did my mother's hip replacement. It was such an easy process. The doctor lays out all the things you need to do, step-by-step. Just follow his directions and the days before surgery will be more painful than any day after. Mom had little to no pain after surgery, even the next day with a 2-hour drive home. I am so please with the care Mom received that I've asked Dr. Van Horne to do my hip replacement when the time comes. I wouldn't see anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Best Ortho doc in the world. He knows what he's doing and he enjoys doing it. I felt very well cared for. I am forever grateful! My knee is the best it's been my whole life.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Extremely thorough Very personable and caring My surgery was a perfect outcome

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

A wonderful health care facility with friendly, highly competent staff. They make you feel cared for and answer all questions thoroughly. From pre-op to surgery to post-op, this is a top notch crew dedicated to total patient care and successful service.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Van Horne and his whole team were amazing, very friendly and professional. I was in pain for many years and didn't sleep well. Now that I have my new hip I'm pain free and feeling great ! I saw 2 other surgeons before I found Dr. Van Horne, he was a blessing.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I was treated very well by staff and Dr vanHorne. I had my first hip replacement by someone else in a different city, and my second hip replacement by Dr. VanHorne. It was like night and day. He had me see the Physical Therapist first and Marion instructed me how to excel isle before the surgery, then after the sury as well as. I went in at 7:15a.m. And walked at 10:00 and left at 12:00 p.m. Same day. Taking it easy and continuing the excercise program is key. I shopped for my own groceries 3 weeks later and doing well into my 10th week. I rate dr vanHorne 5 because he follows through very well and that means a lot to me.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. James R. Van Horne's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Grants Pass, OR