Ratings for Dr. James D. Dowd

I chose Dr. Dowd to address an ACL tear because an elderly friend of mine had raved about a successful knee replacement surgery and Dr. Dowd's kindness toward him. I had a fabulous result with my ACL surgery, and think Dr. Dowd is one of the most thoughtful doctors I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I went to this doctor with a knee problem and he pretty much told me all i needed was therapy....whats funny is i'm in really good shape and just not being strong enough is his fix for everything unless your some sort of athlete. He sent me away with 6 weeks of therapy in hand. So I went to a doctor in Medford and come to find out I had a torn tissue and he pretty muched rushed me to surgery. therapy won't fix a torn tissue.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I arrived early for appt, & informed sec. at desk we had been shopping & I was not coming early to be served sooner, but I would wait my turn. She thanked me, & my hubby & I sat to read till the time for my appt was due & I would be called in. that was 3 pm. Four p.m. came, & I noted (as did my husband) other patient's that arrived long after my appt. time came, were taken in first. I was the LAST taken & then the assist made a remark as to my being early, snippily. I related to him my msg to the sec. at desk, & that we were not pushing to get in sooner than I was scheduled for. Then after near 1 hr wait in room Dr. Dowd comes in, & was oddly, curt. Not like him at all. Without going into the rest of what happened that was rude, it will suffice to say I switched to Dr. VanHorne's office & between he & Patti Mecam, I am pleased. Very.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

I made an appointment with Dr. Dowd and received a letter in the mail that was brusque, harsh and full of threats, with no welcoming words. I cancelled the appointment.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. James D. Dowd's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Grants Pass, OR