Dr. Richard B. Silver

Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Silver

He saved my daughter's life. She had seen a different pulmonologist who completely missed the diagnosis. Now a year later she is leading a completely normal life.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Silver saved my kid's life. After seeing generalists and specialists for 10 years, none of whom helped, Dr. Silver saved the day. The first time we met, he had already studied my kid's very long file, and had a very good idea as to what was wrong. Turns out he was exactly right and now, three years after meeting Dr. Silver, my kid has never been healthier in her life. She still sees him once/month. Dr. Silver is monster-smart, caring, personal, takes loads of time, and runs a very efficient office. This guy is a hero! His nurses are fabulous, too.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr. Silver is the best pulmonologist around. He is extremely smart and knowlegeable, but unlike most doctors, he knows when to go outside for help with his patients. He has helped me tremendously, and I would recommend him to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2008

Dr. Silver saved my life when I was fourteen. I was sick with an antibiotic resistant form of pneumonia and my PCP was doing little to help. During that time, many people were sick and it was almost impossible to get a doctor who wasnt booked. Even though he had countless patients, Dr. Silver was the only one who pushed off his other appointments to see me because he knew my condition was dangerous. He wasted no time getting me on powerful medications (vancomicyn) and carefully and gradually got me back to my old self. I still see him for check ups 2.5 yrs later. He is highly professional and very caring. He never gives cursory checkups, but thorough ones since he is very responsible. He has never given a wrong diagnosis for me. His sharp mind, skills as a pulmonologist, and caring personality have earned my utmost respect. I would recommend him to any child with lung related problems without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Dr. Richard B. Silver's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1974)