You may also like

Rate Dr. Kenneth A. Konsker

Dr. Kenneth A. Konsker's Ratings

Out of all of the doctors that I have seen in my life, Dr. Konsker is my favorite! Here are my reasons why:
HE IS NICE.
His staff is wonderful, and I honestly look forward to appointments- a first for me, who used to get nervous before every OBGYN appointment, before I started seeing him. He gives his cell phone number to his patients and will insist that you call/text him for anything… how can anybody say that he doesn't care about his patients?! I was recommended to him by a friend and I have since recommended 2 more friends to him, both of whom love him, as well! I will probably be moving about an hour away soon, and I'm already planning on driving to his office every appointment because I think I would be disappointed with any other OBGYN.
HE SAVES BABIES.
Many doctors will not see a pregnant patient until they are 8-10 weeks along. As soon as I found out that I was pregnant, he made an appointment to see me that week, complete with an ultrasound (I had an ultrasound at almost every appointment, as I know most of his patients do too… very rare!). Luckily, I had a healthy pregnancy and nothing to worry about, however, I have a friend who has recently gone through 2 miscarriages. Her OB didn't know why, and wasn't making any moves to help her. When she became pregnant a third time, she switched to Dr. Konsker, who saw her immediately. He figured out that her progesterone levels were low, and immediately put her on supplements, which saved the pregnancy. She was only 4 weeks pregnant at this point, and if she were going to another doctor who would have waited to see her, she would have lost the baby.
HE IS EFFICIENT.
*PLEASE REMEMBER* one of the great things about him is that he is the only doctor in the office, which means that he will deliver your baby, barring any crazy situations. That is amazing and rare in this field, so it makes sense that he's not going to waste time when he's got appointments to get to and babies to deliver, and you'll be grateful that he manages his time well when it's your turn to deliver and he's there for you. You could go to another practice with multiple doctors with more time on their hands so you don't "feel like he's rushed", but the trade off is that you won't know who will deliver your baby. For me, it's more than worth it. I honestly never felt like he was too rushed, and I felt that he was truly listening to me at every single appointment. He and his staff call me by name, ask how my husband and I are, and talk to my baby at my postpartum appointments. Dr. Konsker is high-energy, that's how he functions, and it's actually impressive how he is able to do so much. If you're used to a doctor who quietly comes in the room, sits down and holds your hand, that is not Dr. Konsker. He will come beaming into your room, give you a firm handshake or hug, and get right to the appointment. I actually appreciate this, because I don't feel like I'm wasting my time at a doctors appointment, I'm in and out and on with the rest of my day. If you have any questions, he will, of course, answer them and talk to you! I have never felt like he was unwilling to talk to me or answer my questions. He is in a field where timing is unpredictable, it makes sense that he is always moving. He wants to be available for his patients who are ready to deliver and, again, you'll appreciate that when it's you who is delivering and you know he'll be there.
HE IS KNOWLEDGEABLE.
When I was pregnant with my first baby, I thought I knew exactly how I wanted my delivery to go. When my plans did not work out, as they often don't with deliveries, I was nervous and didn't know what the right decisions were. I was stressed when he told me what he thought we should do, and then went to do an emergency delivery while I decided. I talked to multiple labor & delivery nurses, who agreed with him, and then ended up going with what he recommended. And guess what?! I had a perfect, vaginal delivery with a very healthy baby, and I was so happy that I trusted him. HE. WAS. RIGHT. And I was wrong, and the delivery was so successful because I trusted him. Yes, it would be nice if he could have taken an hour to explain to me exactly why his plan was best, but I am not his only patient, and I'm sure his other patient was so happy that he was there for her delivery, instead of sitting in my room. If your priority is to see an OB who will agree with you on everything, even if it's not what is best for you/the baby, maybe Dr. Konsker isn't for you. However, if your priority is a doctor who knows what he is doing and will make the best decisions for you and your baby, and probably make you laugh along the way, he's the best!

Im sorry for the novel, but there is a reason why he is rated #1. I had a wonderful experience with my pregnancy and delivery with him and his staff, and I hope that every woman can experience that!
Thank you Dr. Konsker, Paz, Merry, and Ellen!
Love, Alexa & Johnny T. (& baby Beau)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2881481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Although one of the reasons I chose this doctor was based on his online reviews, I found both he and his staff to be subpar. He is rushed, inattentive and distracted. I would not recommend him for anyone's obstetrical or gynecological care. Please let your time and find someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Konsker delivered my first baby. He was good at the visits, but he was very rushed, so if I had any questions I had to ask him while he was examinating me. I had a very good pregnancy, but when it came to the delivery he almost didn't showed up. To my shock, in the hospital he has a bad reputation for not wanting to wake up in the middle of the night. So the nurse tried to extend my labor the most possible. My husband is a doctor and he has delivered more than 100 babies, he was trying to tell the nurses to call the doctor because the baby was coming, and the nurses didn't wanted to listen because they were afraid to call Dr. Konsker at 4am. So when I convinced the nurse to check me she said the baby was already coming out and that I had to wait for doctor Konsker to come so to BREATHE TROUGH THE CONTRACTIONS, not push! that he was arriving in 25 minutes. I guess you can imagine how you would feel if your baby was coming out and you had to hold it for 25 minutes. Well when he arrived I delivered the baby safe and sound. I had a very bad recovery because I had the hemoglobin very low, which he didn't handled well because he sent me home like that, and I was very consitipated since he didn't gave me the stool softener on time. So my stitches almost opened again. Overall, I would not recommend this doctor. He knows his stuff, but he is not committed to his field, and in my opinion, you have to be 100% committed to be an OBGYN. We are talking of bringing little persons to life! Or you are totally there or you are not at all, you can't be 80% there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2869691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Dr. Konsker delivered my first 2 children. He was excellent and fun and was a head of his game with his knowledge. He actually saved my 2 pregnancies. I loved the fact that he had an ultra sound machine and would get just as excited as we were to see the baby every time he did an ultra sound. Without his expertise I am not sure my pregnancies would have turned out to be healthy babies as I was high risk. The only reason I stopped going to him was because his staff - they were great and we became like family. Unfortunately, one day we were at Disney. I received a call from Paz, the nurse who I loved dearly as I had gotten to know her over the years. She asked me if she could borrow money. I was so taken back by this request. I felt it was so unprofessional and I was not even sure how she would have gotten my cell number without looking up my file. Part of me felt bad after she told me she had kids and needed money for her electric bill but the other part of me knew it was time to end the relationship and find another doctor. I don't hold Dr. K responsible of this though and I never told him what happened…but it was not fair to me and although I missed him as my Dr. I knew leaving was the best choice as I did not lend her the money and felt like it would have been held against me by her and she was the main nurse at the time and I guess from the comments still is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2852165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I began seeing dr Konsker when I moved to the boca area in 2014. He immediately gave me his email address and cell number and said to call him if I ever needed anything. When I got pregnant later that year, he brought me in to the office right away to make sure everything was healthy and on track. He told me no one else would be my dr during the pregnancy and he would be the only dr delivering my baby. Throughout my pregnancy any time I needed him, night or day -even on the weekends, he was there to answer any of my questions- even the ridiculous ones many First time anxious moms have. When my due date approached, he made sure all my concerns and nerves were calmed and was there every step of the way. I was very nervous about being over due and very uncomfortable. At 39 weeks I had been having contractions that were about 5 mins apart that would not get closer together and I wasn't dilating. Due to my discomfort, dr Konsker gave me the option of induction and ensured my delivery would not be complicated by that choice. My delivery was the easiest and most comfortable delivery ever! I know I've only been pregnant once, but there was no pain and it was very fast! Not only is dr Konsker the most caring and proficient dr I know, the business side of his office is amazing! I've never waited more than 15 mins to be seen and the appointments are efficient yet if you have any questions he is there to answer them. His entire staff is amazing as well- especially Paz!!! After such a great experience, he will surely be my gyno and my obgyn forever :). And I'm pretty picky when it comes to Drs, as my family is full of MDs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2849922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Konsker is very uncaring and TOTALLY INCOMPETENT regarding hormones and middle aged women's health. I met him in my early 40's after moving here. I was a healthy, fit, happy, pretty size 4. I was on long term birth control pills with no side effects and no cancer issues in my family. I'd been taking these pills continuously for 30 years, age 20-50. When I was in the office for a routine Pap soon after turning 50, Dr. Konsker suddenly stated he was canceling my pill prescription-because another less healthy older patient had a problem! NOT anything related to nonsmoker healthy me or my 30-yr history of pill use. KONSKER SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT YOU CANNOT SUDDENLY CUT OFF 30 YEARS OF BIRTH CONTROL HORMONES! THEY MUST BE TAPERED OFF CAREFULLY AND MONITORED, MY BODY WENT INTO SHOCK AND MY HORMONE BALANCE-HOMEOSTASIS-IS GONE. I LOST ALL MY SUBCUTANEOUS FAT, MUSCLE, AND LOOK 86 INSTEAD OF 56. ALL BECAUSE OF DR. KONKER'S HUGE INCOMPETENT ERROR.
DR. KONSKER RUINED MY APPEARANCE AND MY HEALTH!!!! He cares about himself, not patients. He does what is convenient for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I have been with Dr. Konsker since 1998. At that time I was leaving in Boca so the distance wasn't too far away. Later, I moved to West Palm Beach. I felt the distance was too far away. Therefore, I left his office. The office that I went to, I felt like I was just another patient. I couldn't even speak to a nurse not even mention the doctor. My first visit to that office they did so many unnecessary tests. When the results came I couldn't even see the doctor to discuss them with. You bet I called Dr. Konsker's nurse (Paz) to help me understand the results. Even though I wasn't their patient anymore they were so happy to help me. When I am in the office, I am home. All the staff know me by my first name.
Additionally, Dr. Konsker and his nurse helped me to conceive when I couldn't. Now I have 2 beautiful children. With my pregnancies and even without being pregnant, there were times I was his last patient and I was running late, they NEVER rushed me or threaten me with a late fee. During my pregnancies, I called the office with any little uncomfortable feelings and they were always happy to help me. The whole staff make me feel at home when I am in the office.
Also Dr. Konsker has have the same crew working for him for ages. I believe that shows that he cares and treats his people with respect. I pray God that Dr. Konsker becomes my four year old daughter's gynecologist. I know that's a long time from now.
Thank you Dr. Konsker and staff for all you are doing for your patients especially me!

Love always,

Mag Commond

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2836953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I went to Dr. Konsker for my first pregnancy. As a new patient to his practice, I couldn't have been more pleased with my decision.

For me, a doctor's staff is almost as important as the doctor -- Dr. Konsker's staff is the best! The staff, as well as Dr. Konkser, have treated myself and my husband like family from our first appointment. Paz is absolutely incredible and has gone above and beyond to make me comfortable, quickly responds to my phone calls, answers all my questions, and calms me down when necessary. Mary is just so friendly and helpful and makes sure that I am always taken care.

I had a fairly difficult delivery and lost a lot of blood in the process. Dr. Konsker was attentive, incredibly focused, and handled the situation quickly, successfull. Further, he made sure that we were calm and had a full understanding of what was happening. My husband and I felt incredibly safe with him as my doctor and couldn't be more pleased with the care that I received!

I will absolutely continue using this practice and there is no question that Dr. Konsker will be delivering baby number 2 (whenever that may be)!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Konsker and his staff. I have been seeing Dr. Konsker since I was 18 years old. Through the past 12 years, I have never had such a good experience with a doctor's office as I have with them. They treat us like family. My cousin goes to him as well and every time I go in they are always asking about my family and how everyone is doing. There is a genuine concern for our well being. No matter what procedure I have had to have done, whether a routine checkup or something more, I have always felt very taken care of. Dr. Konsker is so knowledgeable. He always answers my questions and is very thorough. Paz and Merry also always go above and beyond. Any time I have a quick question, I know I can call and Paz will speak to me right away. They are always able to squeeze me in if there is a concern. My relationship with Paz is wonderful. She holds my hand when I need it, but tells me to buck up when I am being a nervous nelly for no reason. She always tells me like it is and I truly appreciate that. Merry has helped me numerous times to straighten out insurance or billing issues. Not only is everyone great and attentive, they do it with such a pleasant demeanor. This is not something that is unique to me. Every time I am in the office, they are so friendly to all their patients. They always seem genuinely happy to see all their patients. Going to the OBGYN can be uncomfortable....but not with Dr. K. My husband and I recently had our first child. Dr. K was absolutely phenomenal. He even projected my delivery time (the nurses at the hospital didn't think it was going to happen, but he was right on the money!). He knew how nervous I was for the last cervical checks and delivery and he really did everything in his power to make sure I was as comfortable as possible. The entire time I felt like Dr. K was doing everything he could to take care of me and the baby. I thought we were both receiving the highest level of treatment. He had the perfect balance of doing what was best for the both of us. I don't think I could have had a better pregnancy and I know a big part of that was the care I received from Dr. K and Paz. My husband never could understand why I loved my OBGYN so much, but after coming with me to all my prenatal appointments, he is just as big of a believer. Not many doctors treat you like family, but that is how Dr. K and his staff always made us feel. We are walking billboards for Dr. K to all of our friends. Bottom line, Dr. Konsker is the BEST and I am so grateful I found him 12 years ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2826128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I started going to Dr. Konsker when I was a teenager (16). I never had any bad experience with him , he always took his time and explained everything to me. In Dec 2013, I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I was so excited and so was everyone in the office since I have all known them for the past 16 years. I would go regular for all my Dr visits and everything was going well. On thursday May 22, 2014 I called Paz the nurse and told her I haven't felt my daughter move, she told me to come in RIGHT AWAY which I did, when I arrived there my daughter had no heartbeat. Dr. Konsker told me to go to the hospital right away and he would be over in a short while. He was there checking up on me within the hour. They induced my labor on thursday night, on friday Dr. Konsker made the call for a c section. The days I was in the hospital he made sure he came to visit me and check up on me and my family. He ran every test on me to see why my stillbirth happened but there was no reason at all, my daughter Maya was healthy and so was I. Something that just happened that we will never understand the reason of why this happened. I did everything right through my pregnancy and so did Dr. Konsker. He said to me he sees no reason why I can't get pregnant again and have a healthy baby. In September I found out I was Pregnant again. He was so happy for me , he told me he would start seeing me every 2 weeks for the first few months and as I got closer to my due date I would see him every week. He did everything in his power to make sure I had a healthy pregnancy and he understood my fears and anxiety. Dr. Konsker explained to me right away this pregnancy I would have a lot of worries and anxiety and that it was all normal emotions to have, so to help me with getting through this pregnancy he would see me as much as I needed, he would even say to me stop by if you are worried and want to hear the heartbeat, whatever he could do to help me be less worried. Any questions I would have I would call the office and i would have answers right away . Every Dr visit was a pleasure with him and his amazing team, they have become family through all off this. He also had me go see Dr.Lowe, so throughout my pregnancy I was in care of both Dr. On May 8, 2015 he delivered my beautiful daughter Nayah. From the bottom of our hearts we want to thank Dr. Konsker and his staff for treating us like family and taking wonderful care of me throughout my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2822482].votes_count ]]