Ratings for Dr. John B. Wicher

I've been a patient at the Seattle VA for almost six years and under Dr. Wicher's care for five of them. Dr. Wicher has been extremely helpful in the many issues I have had to contend with and has referred me to other departments (per VA procedure) for specific help. He has always been helpful in receiving palliative care. As with any doctor-patient relationship, the patient must be their own advocate and must bring issues to their doctor's attention, and when I've done that with Dr. Wicher he has never reacted in anything but a professional manner and has changed my meds on several occasions to as to avoid adverse reactions.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2007

John Wicher, Director of Internal Medicine at the Seattle V.A., effectively stopped my heart by an overdose of anti-fibrillation medication while on duty in the ER. He then prescribed an anti-depressant which had previously caused suicidal ideation, apparently without bothering to check my medical records. He appointed himself my Primary Care Physician and canceled my respiratory meds (COPD 1988, Emphysema 1998), and when I complained, he also canceled my critical heart meds Digoxin and Amiodarone. (Angioplasties for Myocardial Infarctions 1996, 97, Atrial Fibrillation 2000 - all at the VA). When other doctors re-prescribed my critical meds and offered to become my Primary Care (emergency admissions, CICU) -John Wicher re-canceled all the meds and reversed my re-assignment to another MD. Ultimately I was forced to obtain medical care at a civilian hospital, despite Catagory A entitlement at the VA. Matter of Record. I no longer have anything to lose.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2007

Dr. John B. Wicher's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1987)

AARP