Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Gilbreath

Dr. Gilbreath prescribed long term meds that severely lowered my wife's immune system and as a result she contracted shingles. She has been suffering from herpetic pain for the past six years as a result of shingles and a low immune system. Other doctors said that the treatment given to her should have been the very last resort and not the first line of meds for her original condition. Now she is on constant pain killers for her pain which appears to have no remedy. We've been everywhere including MUSC, Mayo Clinic, specialty clinics in Charlotte, etc., but to no avail. This should have never happened.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I would rate Dr. Gilbreath a 10 out of 5! This is a very delicate subject, one that I considered not going to a doctor for - knowing what needed to be looked at and talked about. Each time I see Dr. Gilbreath I am treated with respect and gentleness. Dr. G and staff are extremely professional, capable, friendly and considerate. I was very surprised to see the "fair" rating. He and they are absolutely top shelf & I would recommend him to my own family and/or friends.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

I found him to be concerned about my health and offered suggestions as to what to do next and who to see.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr. Gilbreath and his staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and relaxed, and he made sure I understood everything before and after the procedure.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

I was having problems with severe pain in my chest for several months. I had multiple tests by several medical professionals without a correct diagnosis. This doctor was able to diagnose my inflamed cartilage by simply doing a through physical exam. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Even after treatment for chronic pancreatitis for nearly a year and a half, this doctor failed to recognize the progressive symptoms of the disease which developed into diabetic ketoacidosis. He refused to have me tested for diabetes even after all the physical symptoms were debilitating and evident. I ended up in Intensive Care, (self-admitted), nearly in a coma, with insulin dependent diabetes. Poor assessment of physical symptoms and anticipated prognosis.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

This doctor was unable to make an accurate assessment of my illness, in spite of visible and well established symptoms.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007

Dr. Michael J. Gilbreath's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1993)