Ratings for Dr. Jay Asdell

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Asdell and his staff. I have had wisdom teeth pulled, and several implants done by him and have had no problems whatsoever. When he pulls a tooth, he just gives one tug and it is out. I am having another implant done by him soon. He has always been personable to me, but I wouldn't call him chatty. I am not chatty either, so that is fine with me. I am grateful that he is professional and very good at what he does.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I felt the Dr was a great guy but his staff was very standoffish with attitudes. He could get new people to work for him, and he would be better off. They worked very fast and good. The quality of work was wonderful, the assistants were snobs

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

he is horrible! He did even bother to look at me before starting drilling in my mouth--absolutely no manners and the same for his office--the first thing they do is get your money before even talking to you. I moved to another surgeon in town (Dr Anderson) and the absolute opposite is the case.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

He strikes me as a very knowledgeable oral surgeon with many years of experience, but I do not like his personal skills. The fact that he has patients watch a D.V.D. on the subject of why to get wisdom teeth removed is a scare tactic designed to create fear as a ploy tactic for money. I felt as though I was rushed through, and really felt like he had no desire to talk with me about the reasons of removal. His staff is kind however, and helped make up for his unpleasant demeanor. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr Asdell spent very little time with me in a $99 consultation that consisted of less than 5 minutes with him and watching a short DVD. He talked to my boyfriend about my post operative care for maybe 2 minutes because he was in a hurry to get to a meeting. When I called 2 days later with concerns he was very unsympathetic and I felt like he wasn't even listening to me. I've had to take extra time off work and am still uncertain if my healing is progressing correctly. I would never refer him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Although am certain Dr. Asdell is very well qualified, I felt he and most of the encountered staff to be condescending and abrupt. Especially the finance department. I went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Asdell sedated me today and removed my last wisdom tooth which was impacted. I was having quite a bit of anxiety before the procedure. Dr. Asdell and his staff tried to comfort and re-assure me. The procedure was completed in good time and I was released to go home. This afternoon when I was relaxing on the couch my phone rang. I answered it to find Dr. Asdell on the phone. He called to find out how I was feeling and if there were any issues. I was extremely impressed that he took the time to call himself. In my almost 30 years as an adult this is only about the third time that a doctor, dentist, or their staff has called me after any procedure to ask me how I was feeling. I would recommend him to anyone having a dental issue.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

We went in to Dr. Asdell's office for a consultation on a tooth extraction. He seemed very knowledgeable and helpful. His billing department was difficult to work with. They need 100% payment at the time of visit, no matter what your insurance company's policy is. I have found our other dental and medical office's to be very helpful with billing in South Bend. Not so, at this office. The staff was almost rude about it. I am not looking forward to the time I will need to spend tracking this down.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

I just wanted to take the time to come by and let everyone know that Dr. Asdell did a wonderful job extracting all four of my impacted wisdom teeth (in my small mouth). I must admit, I first read a review on here about someone with a small mouth having chronic jaw pain after their wisdom teeth removal and it terrified me. Dr. Asdell and his staff made me feel safe and comfortable. The procedure was over before I knew it. Literally. (Passed out in surgery room, woke up in recovery room). Dr. Asdell even called to check on me the very next day which I appreciated. I am now on my second day of recovery and already feeling a lot better.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

I was very upset about having to have my tooth extracted because I also have an extreme fear of needles. Dr. Asdell's staff was really good with me when I told them. That was the first time EVER that I did not feel the iv go in. I highly recommend him if you have the same problem. He called me later in the day to check on me. I did get sick from the pain meds but as soon as I told him, he called in something else. He is worth the money if you want it done right. He is expensive and he may not laugh and joke around with you, but he is the best and will do it right.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012