Ratings for Dr. Afriye Amerson

Dr. Amerson is an AMAZING doctor. My experience from the beginning of my pregnancy to my delivery was everything I was looking for - I felt safe and all of my questions were answered. Two weeks before I delivered, a friend of mine (and another patient of Dr. Amerson's) went into labor. Her son was in distress. Everything turned out better than fine. She called me and told me how Dr. Amerson was a rock and that I shouldn't worry about a thing. Thankfully, my delivery went as planned. I will always be thankful to Dr. Amerson for helping bring an extraordinary being into the world. My only peeve was the waiting time. But, I quickly managed that. And, her staff was always friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

She is a terrible doctor and person, stay away from her she is a liar and cheat! She is very sneaky and gives crazy bad advice!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

AVOID AVOID AVOID! I trusted Dr. Amerson and for years she was my doctor. I kept going to her despite constantly having to wait up to 2 hours for an appointment and despite her staff's incompetence because I got the impression she was a good and caring doctor. All of the sudden, she disappeared off the face of the earth! The doctor lost her privileges at Hackensack Hospital! This is not a good sign and left me and a lot of other patients I am sure scrambling to find another doctor. My new doctor questioned her treatments and called a procedure she did on me archaic. My new doctor has been requesting my files and I have been trying to get them for 5 months. Seriously don't be fooled by her seemingly nice persona, she is a bad doctor! I had a bad pap smear with her that she never told me told me about! It should have been treated right away but was left to get worse.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

If this doctor ever has a practice again PLS run the other way. Keeps u waiting for over 2 hrs, is not apologetic about it, and passes you on to other doctors in the practice like if you were never her patient. I had the worse experience for being a first time mom with her. I was full of anxiety and unanswered questions. Thank goodness for the staff at Hackensack hospital and Dr Giron who stepped up bc Dr Amerson so called reassurance fell on deaf ears!!! I would never want anyone to go through this so pls reconsider and see another doc.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

DR. AMERSON IS THE BEST OB/GYN ! Her staff is another story. Customer service could be better but I would recommend this doctor to EVERYONE!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I have to say that this office is one of the worse medical offices I have ever been to. Not only did the incompetent staff lose my medical record, which took them 25 min. to find, I never received a follow up call regarding my test results. I took my business elsewhere. The staff seem like they really do not care. I am not sure how Dr. Amerson could allow this behavior to continue. Avoid her OFFICE at all cost!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

worst staff. Waited weeks to get an appoitnemt and then everytime I did get an appointment, their staff would unapologetically call and cancel the appointment without giving a reason. Happened with me twice and both the times they were not sorry! I expressed disappointment and still the guy had no professionalism to apologise. Never had a chance to meet the doctor but I don't think I am ever going to visit her. All the best to her with her busy schedule and the rude staff!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I am very dissapointed in my experience as she came highly recommended. I was forewarned that she keeps clients waiting for hours but I decided to still give her a try. Now I am feeling like I made a huge mistake and wasted a great deal of needed time. It took me 2 weeks to make an appt because they never answered the phones. I left several msgs and Noone Ever followed through so I had to keep calling myself. Then my appt was cancelled on the day of-telling me that she had 4 deliveries. This happened TWICE. I was pleased once I met with her because she was patient and seemed very knowledgeable. However, the second strike was that she never followed up with calling me about my bloodwork as promised. This time she was out sick for a week. I am very big on Follow Through. My husband's neurosurgeon works in 3 hospitals, teaches at a university and performs surgeries all week and STILL finds time to call following an appointment. I think she's overwhelmed with patients and needs a new staff

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

If you are new patient, I would suggest not visit this doctor. The staff are so unproffesional and rude. I waited for 3 weeks to see dr. I got a call 2 hrs before form the dr. office saying that our appoitment cancelled. My wife was sick and other side I was curious to confirm our baby and health of my wife. I took a day off from office and everthign got spoild. They gave appoitment to meet dr after 3 days. We forgot everthign and we were again entred happy mood to see dr. They again called said they are cancelling the appoitment. I don't know what to say and I asked them pls give any other replacement docotor to make sure everthing fine with my wife and baby. They gave a male doctor contac t we don't know anythign about the doctor adn mood completeledly baffled. aFTER COMING HOME FIRST THING I WAN T TO DO IS DO to write the review. so this helps many people who will be in the situation.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr Amerson is great but her staff is terrible and she is never on time. I am consistently waiting hours despite having an appointment. For my last appointment they didn't have me on the schedule despite having made the apt 3 months earlier and showing them the card with the date and time written on it by their staff. Its so frustrating. I was given the option to wait but their were 5 patients in the waiting room and 2 in the back already waiting. It is so frustrating. Now I get to leave work early next week to try again. I am so annoyed. Dr Amerson is very kind and understanding and that is the only reason I put up with this unprofessional practice.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. Afriye Amerson's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)