Ratings for Dr. Philip Nagel

I'll echo everyone else in saying this doctor is cold, rude, and has terrible bedside manner. He asked the reason for my endoscopy, I said I have a lump in my throat . Well does food get stuck, he asks. I say, well it feels painful going down and.. and before I could finish he interrupts and says so the answer is no, no it doesn't get stuck. He then proceeded to complain to the nurses about the Healthcare law, something from the news. He was an @ss, plain and simple. I didn't feel comfortable asking him anything.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Hello I was in terrible pain at the hospital he told me I could have a colonoscopy tomorrow I said I was told that it would be done today . He said he had to examine me and I told him I would rather be out out I'm in pain he put his fingers there anyway and kept moving his hand , it hurt so much. I underwent an enema 3 bag total and was taken up fir the procedure . He said you want to be put out I heard ? I said, yes, and he said well your not. I was awake for the lower colonoscopy procedure and I could see the screen. I saw redness and asked if those were ulcers ? Not that I was hoping for a problem but I've been in so much pain at the moment I thought I will finally have medicine and I will be okay. He told me to be quiet that he was the doctor . I kept asking Melissa the lady next to me and she said to ask him. When they moved me to another room I was asking for him and they said he left. I was so upset and didn't understand why I was treated this way. I still have not spine to him. I bet I will get a bill though . Please please don't go to him. He is a bad doctor , arrogant, rude. You deserve better. Sincerely , A.W. McHenry il

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Extremely poor and unprofessional behavior and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

I'm so glad I finally get a chance to share my experience with his future patients. I suffered from colitis for years, and on my first appt. Dr. Nagel said "what do you expect me to do", and then he said with the meds I'm on I'll either die from the prednisone or die from the disease. In all my years of dealing with doctors, I've NEVER met such a disgrace to the profession. I've never left a negative review for a doctor, this is a first and hopefully the last. He was harsh and cold, and I left his office, got in car, and cried. I never went back, and will never forget that appointment.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

I was told I'd need to wait three months to see this physician, Not quite sure why, quite marginal in my opinion. Went to see Mary Kane down the street. Great outcome.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

I was very unhappy with my experience with Dr Nagel. I felt like I was an inconvenience to him as a patient. I was told that he is very good at what he does and that it takes about 2-3 months to get in to see him. After waiting to get into see him I was really disappointed. Although he was on time for the appointment, he spent all of 5 minutes with me and then we were done! No going over my concerns for why I was there, no listening to me, no reviewing my past history. The follow-up visit was no better. I was told that he has done all he can do for me and that was it! No referrel to another doctor, no offering of advice, just a flat "I ran all the tests and you should be fine". I really felt like I was just being herded into his office then ushered out the door after another 5 minute "exam". I had to find another doctor on my own and finally got a diagnosis for something that he should have been checking for in the first place. I would not recommend Dr. Nagel to others.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Philip Nagel's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)