Ratings for Dr. Daniel Laich

amazing doctor-I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

He gave me my life back. I was sure I would never walk again and the pain was making me crazy. He was understanding, compassionate and knowledgeable. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr Laich is is by far the most knowledgeable, skilled, and compassionate surgeon I have ever met in my life. Working in PT for over 20 years, I have never seen another neurosurgeon with such a consistent record of successful surgeries, nor have I ever seen another physician communicate so openly, compassionately, and without ego when speaking to his patients and their families. He gave me my life back following a bicycle wreck that left my right arm paralyzed, going above and beyond by requesting permission from the FDA and my insurance company to perform multiple artificial disk replacements at C5-7. Conservative treatment would have been to fuse over half my neck, however that would have greatly limited my activity as a 33 year old athletic trainer, including giving up cycling on my road bike. Now, 8 years later, multilevel artificial disk replacements are no longer considered experimental. Two years after my neck injury, my low back gave out due to several birth defects and my active lifestyle. Dr Laich discussed with me which procedures would best meet my goals and a timeline that would work with my body's needs as well as work and family. Over the course of several procedures, he gave me my life back again. I could never refer my patients to any other neurosurgeon as I feel there is no one out there better than Dr Laich. He is truly a blessing to all his patients.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Laich's staff is rude and unprofessional. As for him, he doesn't deserve to practice medicine. I wouldn't let him touch my dog. Three years ago he convinced my husband to have spinal fusion and has ruined his life. The amount of pain he is in is unbearable and Dr. Laich does not care. He made his money so he's finished with him. After going to different pain management physicians, as directed by Laich, they found on his last MRI that his artificial disc has moved and is causing spinal stenosis. On top of that he was told if he gets in a car wreck or any other trauma to his spine He will be paralyzed. He was referred to another surgeon but cannot get in for over a month. I would think twice before going to this man. I foresee meeting with an attorney in the near future. How does this man sleep at night knowing what he did?

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Best bedside manner I have ever seen in a Doctor. He listens to your concerns, is patient, and works with you. He truly has given me my life back

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Laich is the finest neurosurgeon you will find. I travel from the S. Suburbs to see the Doctor but what he has done for me there are airports. God Bless

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Submitted December 25, 2014

Was happy with him initially, but found my records later didn't reflect the truth of the situation. Both he and his partner were overzealous to perform surgeries, then when pain returned, suddenly it's a weight problem or anxiety. Neither were a cause prior to surgery, but after the last surgery failed in long term reduction of pain, something else must now be cause of pain according to his partner. Extremely unhappy about false info in my records. Went from great opinion of them to very disappointed.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Dr. Daniel Laich is very knowledgable, experienced and overall helpful and understands what his patients are saying. Back in July 2009, I hade a cervical fusion C5 through C7. My recovery was great. Also, in Feb 2011, I had a spinal fusion and replacement on L3 through L5 and S1. I had pain and could hardly walk before my last surgery. Dr. Laich helped me to be myself again. I suffered a great deal for over 3 years before I was referred to Dr. Laich. After a review of my symptoms and new CT and MRI scans, he knew exactly where the problem was and laid out a plan for my treatment. I can only say great things about this Dr. and his expertise. His medical and professional staff is also very polite, friendly and understanding. Hats off to this great surgeon and I recommend anyone who is tired of hearing about their pain being in their head to make an appointment to see this surgeon very soon. His patients travel far to see him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I had back surgery (discectomy L4 and L5) on 9/2/09. Prior to surgery I could barely walk, I checked in at 8:00 AM on 9/2 released at 4:00 PM on 9/02 and could walk without pain! I was so happy. Today is 9/19, I have not taken pain killers in over one week and I still have no pain. I am very thankful to Dr. Laich and his staff. He is very nice, he listens, he reads your case prior to meeting with you do not have to repeat everything you entered on your form. I have picked up his cards to give to my Chiro, I would recommend Dr. Laich to anyone that suffers from spine issues.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

Dr. Daniel Laich's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Workers Comp