Ratings for Dr. Elena G. Gozum

I used to see Dr. Gozum at another practice five years ago. I learned that she opened her own practice in another area. When I came to see her, she remembered me. She had a good memory of what my medical conditions were without my medical records available at the time of my visit. She has always been focused, attentive, caring and knowledgeable on my medical issues before and more so now. After listening to my current allergy problems, she recommended only the the test necessary and appropriate to address my concerns. She involved me in the decision making, gave me all the best possible options for treatment, explained her recommendations for my care. Everything and everyone in my visit was well worth it. The receptionist can use a little improvement that is why I rated it 4 on the staff.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

I visited Dr. Gozum 3 times for my 2.5yr son who has food allergies and possibly asthma. Dr. Gozum spent a lot of time showing me how to use the Epi Pen- again. This could have been done after my sons test was administered (why make a toddler wait through a long talk then have a test). She did not seem to hear my concerns about my upcoming child, which is why I sched the appt (was told to see how it goes then remove things from my diet as a nursing mom). Dr. said she wouldn't do a scratch test as my son had a cold (would have been helpful info on the phone as I would have cancelled the appt or not sched it in mid-Jan). Overall I was told to come in to consult about my new child who I was told has a 70% chance of having allergies and to have my son's annual scratch test done. I left with no info for my new baby and no scratch test. I was told to come back in Aug to get both of my kids tested. Left angry disappointed and with lighter pockets. This was my 3rd and last visit to Dr. Gozum.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Best doctor I've ever visited. She is very knowledgable about allergies. She called me twice after my appointment to follow up with me. Highly recommended doctor!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

She is very accomodating and has a very good kowledge on immunology

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Dr. Elena G. Gozum's Credentials

• Univ Of Santo Tomas, Fac Of Med And Surg, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1987)

GHI