Ratings for Dr. Edward H. Mkrdichian

At the time of consult, it was suspected I had a tumor on my spine. Dr. Mkrdichian looked me right in the eye and said, "I can fix this for you." That was all I needed to hear. As it turned out, I had one of the worst ruptured disks Dr. Mkrdichian had ever seen (L4, L5, S1), and I was in danger of permanent paralysis. This doctor is old-school and abrupt in his communication with patients because he's in such demand and has so little time to himself, but he is one fantastic surgeon. If you want something done right, see Dr. Mkrdichian. He's the best.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I was scheduled by mistake by his staff after I've explained what specialist i need to see. I showed up for my appt and the dr reviews my MRI and says"Why are you waisting my time?!Get out before I charge you" My face dropped not knowing what just happened, I was embarrassed and I left. After I left I realized what mistake occurred but I'm still in shock at the reaction of this uncompassionate, cold dr that all he cared was $$$$$ instead of directing me to a specialist. This happened a few years ago but I'm still appalled by this dr.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Very professional and spent plenty of time to make sure I understood my neurological problem and the intended intervention. Would highly recommend

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I had spinal fusion surgery. I am so very thankful that I chose Dr. Musician. I was very hesitant to have the surgery, until I went to him for a second opinion as directed by my primary care physician. As soon as I met him and found he had just performed a couple of the surgeries the same as I needed. He explained everything to me perfectly. He didn't try talking me into choosing him as my surgeon. He explained whoever you choose, I just want you to know how important it is, to have it done ASAP. I think he is a genius in his field, and a genuinely nice man. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Recently Dr. Mkrdichian performed ACDF surgery on my C5-6 and C6-C7 Discs. He was a miracle worker. Following surgery, the pain, tangling and weakness instantly improved. It appeared he was very meticulous and took great pride in his work. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

When I was informed of my condition and the need for immediate surgery to avoid further issue and the potential of permanent nerve damage, it was Dr. Mkridchain that did so in the most professional of ways. He dedicated so much time to provide not only me with his professional expertise and advice, but also provided his pager number for my husband and made himself available to discuss the procedure in detail. I was hesitant to move forward with this first major procedure after seeing a few poor reviews on Dr. Mkridchain, but am so very glad I went with my gut feeling and found that anything negative portrayed in those other reviews was not my experience what so ever! I am grateful for his professionalism, and a truly successful procedure. From my experiences, I would recommend him should you or someone you know have the need!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I had surgery performed by Dr. Mkrdichian on 12-21-06. His bedside manner is atrocious. He is rude, uncaring, yelled at me. Told me 5 days after surgery to go wait in line at Walgreens for my pain medication because I was interrupting his holiday party and he'd call them when he got a change. Since then I have been in excruciating pain 24/7 and the pain can not be controlled. I have been to numerous other neurosurgeons and pain specialists and no one can help me. They refer to it as a spinal cord injury as a result of surgery. His method was extremely invasive and too severe. I was healthy and active, had a good job prior to his surgery on me. I had a tumor on my spinal cord that he removed and now can do nothing I could do before because I am in so much pain as a result of what he did to me. He was negligent and has damaged me permanently. He ruined my life. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN. Don't let him ruin your life.

Submitted February 23, 2014

This guy seemed to be an old school doctor. By saying this, i would expect much better from him. He is annoying asking the same questions over and over bc he uses a paper notebook to do his interviews, so you have to be very patient with him, but you don't get that back. He only talks and talks but never listens. This guy Mkrdichian immediately said that if I didn't have a surgery within days, I would endup been paralized from my waist down!!. after those scary statements from him, I said that I was going to think about it and call back. The guy just got upset!! and said that he was going to document the fact that i didnt accept his surgical option. he kept calling me over and over and i decide to no to go w him after all. I went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Dr Fessler took care of me. Today, I am walking and funcioning nicely. Please stay away from money hungry dr mkrdichian

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Terrible bedside manners, hardly gave you the time of day. Go to Northwestern for Neurological treatment! They are wonderful there!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I had spinal surgery. I am extremely allegic to betadine solution, and I reminded him as well as others on his team of this. This was my third spinal surgery. They used betadine solution. I had an infarction during surgery. Within 24 hours I was released from intensive care by the doctor to go home to see my cardiologist. Not only do you not send a patient home from intensive care after major spinal surgery, but I was sent home to see my cardiologist because of serious heart complications. The cardiologist was very upset with all. He could not believe what had happened. My cardiologist could not help me with spinal issues after spinal surgery, he could not send me back to Dr. Mkrdichian, however. Needless to say, I had a major problems, which were the result of this incompentence.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Edward H. Mkrdichian's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Skokie, IL