Ratings for Dr. Scott W. Mox

He did my carpal tunnel surgery three years ago and botched it up royally. He did a lousy job of stitching up the wound to the point of three years later, I can still feel the bumpy scar including the very visible stitch marks. At first post op I had more pain than there should have been and I had done some research on this. I asked him about it and he said I must have a low threshold for pain and told me to take it easy. He denied I had an actual complication until my final post op where he had an intern shadowing him. Then, and only then did he specifically state the post op complication I had by name, but he went on to say how he resolved it. He straight up lied about it. Not only did he not help with the complication, but he denied me any post op PT, so I was on my own to research that, get my own PT tools and do my own PT. He hated that I had questions and he was rude when I challenged anything he said. Run, don't walk, as far from him as you can get. He's rude, he runs late to all appointments and makes no apologies because clearly to him, his own time is much more valuable than yours. He is a sloppy surgeon who left horrible scarring on my hand and made no apologies for that either.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

They ordered certain medication through my insurance, then never contacted me to administer it or instruct me how to do it. I didn't no about it untilI received a book from the company which sent it. By that time the Doctors office stated I wasn't a good canidate to receive the medication. But I got charged for the meds which the office stated they disposed of the meds, rather then use it for someone else,??? Sounds pretty fishy if ask me. The Dr.was Berkson. Unsatisfied ,still with Pain

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I was skeptical since the beginning but I was refer by my physician to go to this office which I shouldn't. The staff was very poor in service and word, not a very standard professional level. I do not know what is the standard time level for waiting for see a doctor especially when I go for a follow up after knee replacement and how painful it is to sitting in a wheelchair for more than 60 minutes of waiting. My pain level got worse and all I can do is to bite my tongue. I feel like taking off but that will not solve my pain. When my name got call I ask the staff if this is normal waiting? Her reply was, yes because we are specialist. I do not want to cause a seem because I am afraid they might do something to me like waited more time to see the doctor. Doctor Mox was nice but definitely the staff of his office. Again, this is just that I have encountered not to said . I was hoping that the office can do better.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

My experience was very good. I felt as though I was in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

We were told to set up a follow up appointment to obtain the results of an MRI for a shoulder issue. We set up the appointment for 9:15 AM, later we received a call reminding us to be there at 10:15 but to get there early. When we got there we waiting until 10:45 to see him. The review lasted about 4 minutes. He came in, said hi, started looking at the MRI results, got a call and talked to whomever while we were in the room with him, hang-up then told us that everything was fine. That was it. Four minutes, part of which he spend on a call. My insurance got billed $200 dollars and I got billed $50 dollars. I wasted 1/2 a day for a 20 second review of the EMI results. It was a joke, they should have simply called to tell us everything was fine. There was no need for us to go to the office.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

Had severe carpal tunnel syndrome. Took him six months to decide on surgical treatment after neurologist referred to him for immediate surgical intervention. After tunnel release I couldn't use my hand at all. It took him another six months to take a second surgical look. Ended up have a major nerve resection of the hand and three fingers. Lost almost eight months from work due to his indecision. After re-section surgery he admitted that doctors are not always right and that patients sometimes have serious underlying issues. He constantly leaves his patients waiting at least 2 hrs to see him. He is lax in diagnosis and timely treatment to delay or minimize complications. Seven years later I am still unable to use my dominant hand to write with and do simple activities of daily living. His receptionists are rude and unhelpful. His bookkeepig staff is inept. Insurance denied much of his treatmt due to inept reporting. Use extreme caution when dealing with this entire office!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

I fell and broke my elbow. Ended up with Mox because his partner was having family issues. Sat in the waiting area for 1+ hour b4 spending another .5 hour in the exam room. Doctor really didnt care to tell a whole lot, and was annoyed when I asked him too many ?s. His assisstant put the cast. 2 days before the cast was to be removed, his office called to reschedule. I rescheduled to a 8:15 and was there at 8. Office didnt open till 8:15, and doctor didnt show up until 9:15. Had to take a half day instead of being a little late from work. Everything was ok, but he still wanted a follow up. And 3 days before the next appt, he wanted to reschedule again!!!! I dont believe that this doctor really cares for his patients, their time or their suffering. Infact, he adds to their misery. He has offices in Elgin and Crystal Lake. Staff is rude except for one assistant, Ray, and they admit that tardiness is not something that the doctor is familiar with!!! STAY AWAY from him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Dr. Scott W. Mox's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal