Ratings for Dr. Enrique J. Martinez

Dr Martinez is the doctor I most trust with my health. I consult him before I take anything prescribed by other doctors. Obviously he is extremely qualified. He also is compassionate and accessible and responsive to my concerns. With years of interactions, talking to others in the waiting room, I simply can't imagine seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. martinez was helpful and seemed very knowledgeable but i saw his PA more then him. He was there for 3-4min summarizing what his PA stated already. His office staff is HORRIBLE! I called numerous times a week and no call back. Keep in mind the answering machine message indicates your call would be returned by the next day if called by 3pm. I called various times during the day and no call back. It was about 3 weeks and numerous calls with no returned calls. I got fed up and emailed the patient care rep. They indicated they would forward my email to the office manager. Only then did they call me to ask what I needed. Hmmm listen to your voice mails.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Wow, I wish I received the same level of care as the glowing reviews Dr. Martinez has received below. He hardly spent any time with me and I actually learned more about my disease from the CDC website than him. During my first visit and before I could even ask any questions, he was literally at the door and ready to the exit the examination room. I've never felt so belittled about having Hepatitis. I've been so frustrated and discouraged by his disorganized staff and his lack of support that I feel like it's actually impeding my recovery. I was completely respectful to him and his staff and I don't understand why they made me feel like I'm not worthy of their time. I've been asking myself if his lack of patience was because my condition possibly wasn't severe enough as every time I've visited he's told me that I need to see a PCP. It is especially difficult because I pay for much of my healthcare expenses out of pocket so his lack of personalized care seems like an incredible waste of money. I feel so alone in the world and hope I will recover. It would certainly be easier if I felt like my doctor was on my side.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr. Martinez is caring, knowledgeable and very thorough. He treats his patients as though they are his own relatives, in that he wants the best care possible for them. He is worth whatever time I have to wait for him, because he is just that good!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr. Martinez is not only an EXCELLENT physician but also a kind and caring person. He is the only physician I could find that would accept my husband's WC for his Hepatitis C. We live in Macon and have to travel over 100 miles each way to see Dr. Martinez because no one in Macon will even talk to you about a WC claim. I highly recommend him to anyone needing a Gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. Martinez is a caring, compassionate professional He is very thorough and I did not feel rushed or made to feel insignificant about my concerns. I trust his judgment in all aspects of my care. I have recommended Dr. Martinez to my family and friends often. He never fails to make me feel at ease and important at every visit despite his busy schedules. After all, this IS what everyone wants and needs in their health care professional. He is one in a million and I am forever grateful for being referred to him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. Enrique J. Martinez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)