Ratings for Dr. Veronica Abusleme

Absolutely horrible experience with this Doctor and her office. First off, the staff was very rude. I was hung up on more than once while trying to ask questions. When I arrived for my appointment, I was barely acknowledged and they acted like they were inconvenienced from me being there. Once i was in the room, I had to wait quite a while for the Doctor. She was completely rude and lacks any type of bedside manner. Instead of addressing my weight respectfully, she told me I was fat, and laughed when I told her I eat healthy ( which I do). Even after mentioning I have PCOS, she kept insisted losing weight is "very easy", and later said I should just get my stomache stapled. Any one with any type of knowledge about PCOS knows that it makes losing weight extremely challenging. I also mentioned that we've been trying to concieve for over 5 years and suffered a previous miscarriage and asked if they could do a pregnancy test. The staff member who did the test shouted from down the hall the test results for all to hear instead of just coming in to the room to tell the Doctor. The Doctored said said multiple times that she was glad I wasn't pregnant, or that she hoped I wouldn't be. When I mentioned I was concerned about running out of time to have a baby, she said the only thing to be concerned about is Down Syndrome but they can test for that early and I can just abort the baby if they have Down Syndrome. As someone who has been dealing with fertility issues for years, I am completely appalled and offended by this! Such a horrible thing to say. On top of everything else, she also made an inappropriate remark about my husbands genitals. I couldn't get out of there fast enough! By far, the worst experience I've had at a Doctors office. I basically paid to be insulted and humiliated. Will never go there again!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Too long of a wait each visit. Dr is knowledgeable though. :)

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Abusleme is theeeee best! I am a nurse at one of the hospitals she goes to and she is the obgyn for 95% of the female staff there. That alone says wonders; if you want to know who the best doctors are, ask a nurse! She makes all of her patients feel like they are family. It does take time to see her bc she takes her time and doesn't like to rush her patients but she also stays after hours to see everyone. It is not uncommon for her to see patients until 9pm in her office. She is a wonderful and gifted surgeon as well, I know this first hand bc not only has she operated on me but I work in surgery and have seen her in action. She doesn't recommend unnecessary procedures and is always very honest and very knowledgeable. I can't say enough about her, she is truly the best.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

First of all, the office was so unclean, no proper amenities, restrooms were dirty, lobby was dirty, no hand sanitizers available, staff was ok except the one at front desk, who had a very unpleasant attitude. I just can't believe how ppl trust these kind of offices. What century are we living in? R u kidding me? The doctor doesn't spend any money on her office supplies. I am sorry but I won't trust that kind of a doctor to deliver my baby no matter how good she is. They didn't even have proper urine containers.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

The staff doesn't really understand insurance coverages well. The Doctor is fantastic.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

Dr. Abusleme is by far the best OBG I've ever had. She is knowledgeable and caring and she truly listens to her patients. I was hospitalized 3 times during my pregnancy and Dr. Abusleme was there with me, checking in on me personally during my hospital stays. She knew me and my husband by name and was appropriately personable. She is obviously a very knowledgeable and does whatever it takes to keep her patients safe and healthy. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

I looovvvee Dr. Abusleme. I have been seeing her for a few years and she is fantastic. She is kind, caring, and knowledgeable. She is so dedicated to her patients. Once she had to leave for an emergency delivery and her staff called to let me know so that I didn't make a needless trip. They offered to reschedule for the following day or to come back at 7pm that night and the doctor would see me that day. I don't know any other doctor that will stay to see patients that late but she does because she is dedicated. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

The staff at this Dr. is beyond RUDE and IMMATURE. Why are they even in the medical field? I have gone here in the last two years and am currently leaving to go to another OBG. The girls in this office should NOT be working in the medical field! Every time I call they act annoyed at any questions I have. And one time the nurse told me misinformation then when I called her out on it she said, "Im not the Dr!" So then why is she giving out medical information, isnt that Mal practice? They contradict everything they tell you then say, "I didnt tell you that, it was the other girl." When I let Dr. Abusleme know that I was unhappy with the front, she changed subjects by saying, "moving on." I dont want my money going to a place like this EVER. They make their patients feel stupid and bothersome.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

the best ob dr., highly recommend her. very nice and listen to u without rushing. i wish i could have her as my obgyn again.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Veronica Abusleme's Credentials

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely horrible experience with this Doctor and her office. First off, the staff was very rude. I was hung up on more than once while trying to ask question..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Too long of a wait each visit. Dr is knowledgeable though. :)"

September 12, 2014