Ratings for Dr. William J. Shanahan

My wife Susan and I first met Dr. Shanahan 4 years ago when he did my gall bladder surgery and colonoscopy and then a couple of years later when my wife needed a growth removed. He did great jobs with all those and we are now before him once again. He is without any doubt or question the BEST surgeon/doctor we have ever known and we have known many. However, as good a doctor as he is ,what makes him so very special is his Christlike compassion for his patients. I don't know if Dr. Shanahan is a Christian or not but when I read my Bible and read about the love and compassion for those in need that is shown by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who is our Great Physician, I see Dr. Shanahan. He reflects those teachings in how he lives his life and serves the needs of his patients. I have been made a better person just by knowing him and we both highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

03/02/1996 7pm - 3/3/1996 after 2am I should be dead based on lab Results ! Public Record- saturday 3/2/96 sat in Er & room for 6 hrs- SAID NOTHING WRONG WITH ME EE NURSES (i worked as vilunteer for 3 yrs in icu & iccu- I thought Nothing Wrong with me- no real pain no high fever. 630pm ish 7pm ish Dr Shanahan arrives on call evening shift in 2 minutes he is *FLIPPING OUT* THAT "E.R." trying to *Seriously* get me to sign release papers. He said no way & honest to God knows - my “illness was Hidden“ by most all staff at secret heart stating Nothing wrong. I saw my LaB report ok - Yes God saved my life-yet This Doctor saw the "mystery" & "Beyond" what others were calling a SIMPLE BLADDER INFECTION - go home - I WOULD HAVE DIED- 110% .... He knows & I am beyonds words GRATEFUL. God used him to properly diagnois me. Several things wrong with me No One could See in blood & urine test & e.r. failed to take me seriously-Dr Shanahan took me serious. 6 days in Hospial - nun prayed 4 me!777

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

He is a wonderful surgeon. He repaired hernia for me that was caused by another female surgery. He is personable and makes one feel totally comfortable during entire from onset to recovery. I highly recommend it. If I should need surgery again, he's the one I will request to do it.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

He is a horrible surgon. He made direct passes to me as well as cut my commen bile duct while removing my gall bladder and never told me he did so untill probles started and the surgical nuse remembered me and told me what he had done. I wold not use him because he is not a good doctor as I have been told by staff and other patients.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

I have worked with this doctor, and he's scary! He has had several fines & been reported to the board several times. In my living will, he is the only doctor that I've specifically named that is NEVER to touch me, regardless. He is horrible, has horrible skills, is too busy trying to impress patients & family to cover his lack of knowledge & blunders.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2008

I feel he put my life in danger. I feel like I would have never had an abscess if he never operated on me. I feel almost 100% sure of that. I feel I couldve saved me alot of pain and torment if I never went to him! I feel like I would not have the pain Ive had for the past years(after operation. I feel I would be putting someones life in danger if I recommended him! I dont feel I would be at risk for more surgey if I hadnt gone to him!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2007

Dr. William J. Shanahan's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1969)