Ratings for Dr. James F. Pehoushek

I went for a visit for eczema. There was no opportunity for me to tell him what I have used in the past and what worked and what I was experiencing. He spent literally 1 minute wth me before he left the room. He came back and handed me prescriptions. He didn't even tell me what they were. When I told him 1 was a script for a steroid that I was already using with minimal.success he said he would do a steroid injection in the eczema spots on my hands. He left again and came back and used 1 alcohol swab to wipe the backs of my hands and fingers. He started injecting without telling me anything g. It was painful. After 4 painful injections I told him to wait (so I could collect myself for more). He took my hand and started injecting again and told me the best thing was to just do it quick. I stood up after another poke to sit in the chair to collect myself. He grabbed me by the arms and lifted me off the chair so I "wouldn't bleed on the chair" and he would put bandaids over the area. By this time I didn't want him touching me so I held out my hand and asked for the band aids to put on myself. He said roughly "no I will do it." I told him I was going to do it. He literally shoves the bandaids into my hands, handed me my.coffee cup, and told me to "leave." This is true. This was borderline abuse. I am appauled.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Like most doctor visits, there is a wait. This one was not too bad. The girls up front kept everyone posted that he was running a bit late. Office and MA's friendly. Dr. Pehoushek is full of energy. He tells you like it is. His humor might not be for everyone but it made me comfortable. Found my dermatologist!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Excellent dermatologist. Office staff is terrific and everyone is friendly and VERY helpful. Would recommend to family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

We are not satisfied with the doctor . No good explanation on the issue . We highly recommend not here . Did not spend much time to know what is the issue is and what should be the next steps .

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Best dermatologist I have ever been to. I had a problem that several other dermatologists had not been able to diagnose. I was miserable for months. Dr. Pehoushek made the diagnosis on my first visit and I was better within a week.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

I made an appt. to look at a spot on my arm thats texture had changed. When I got in the room, I was told to completely dis-robe. I said I was having my arm looked at & why did I need to dis-robe? I was told it was just required. I did not remove my pants or underwear. Dr. Pehoushek came in, looked at my arm & identified the item, then was very upset that I hadn't dis-robed & did not want a full body check. I stated that I was uncomfortable with that as it was my 1st visit & my husband was not with me. He berated me, shook his head & marched out of the room. He did not look at me again as I left. I have very rarely met anyone, let alone a Dr., with so little understanding to someone's needs & comfort level. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

He is the most caring doctor that i ever met in my entire life. I worship him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Extremely disappointed with Dr. Pehoushek's visit. The way he conducted the mole check/ scalp check was almost insulting-- super rushed and horrible "bed side manner". I left there feeling worse about my hair condition than I did walking in. He dismissed all of my concerns to "normal aging"-- which I know is not the case. It seemed like a cop-out for either his not knowing/ or not wanting to help figure out what has been going on with my condition. Save your co-pay and and try to find a doctor who has at least some empathy and more concern for his patients' state of well-being.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Excellent, great listener, very thorough, would highly reccomend him. Also got in vary fast as a new patient. Staff was very nice also. Kudo's, Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Pehoushek was running a bit late so I had to wait over an hour to see him, but the staff was very friendly. I was also able to make an appointment for just 4 days after I called (even as a new patient), which is hard to do in Arizona. Once Dr. P did come into the room, he was very nice, professional, and knowledgeable. It did not feel rushed at all. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Dr. James F. Pehoushek's Credentials

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Glendale, AZ