Ratings for Dr. Michael A. McKibben

I've had trouble getting simple wellness physical results from McKibbens staff or his assistant to call me back, EVER. It took almost 3 wks to get a piece of paper (physical results) with no explanation of anything on it. I've spent 1/2 a day waiting to be seen and missing work for a prescription refill because wouldn't fill over the phone and only until I complained saw any difference in my appts. Now today I'm told he's no longer at that office ???? Now, I'm really concerned, my dad, grandparents and I see McKibbens and now he's gone? No explanation? Office staff doesn't know why he's gone ???

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. McKibbens needs to realize that people value their time also; it's not a one-way street. When you schedule an appointment at 10:00am, I would expect the courtesy of no more than 15-20 minutes. When you wait 1.5 HOURS!, that's a problem. Note that 10 am is only 2 hours into his daily office appointments! When I tell my employer that I have a 10 am appointment, I shouldn't have to devote my ENTIRE day sitting in a waiting or examination room. I cannot tolerate this and unfortunately will need to move my primary physician to someone who "gets it". I'm sure he cares about losing one patient about like a shark cares about losing a tooth, but someone has to stand up and voice their opinion.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I love DR. McKibben. He knows everything. He has went the extra mile for me several times. Does all the testing needed. Tells me what he thinks but he will always rule out the all possibilities. Unfortunately unable to locate him now he isn't in this office & there number provided doesn't work.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

This doctor does too much talking and not enough listening. After I went to him with flu symptoms and told him I had been exposed to people with swine flu directly before getting symptoms, he refused to even consider that the flu was a possibility. After testing negative for strep and mono, he put me on an antibiotic and sent me on my way. The next day, I went to a different doctor who actually tested me for the flu and I found out I had swine flu. Needless to say, I had a horrible experience with Dr. McKibben and felt like he was more interested in getting me out of the office than finding out what was wrong with me.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr. Mckibben will take all the time that is necessary to ensure you get the treatment that you need... he has excellent listening skills and will work with you to formulate a treatment plan. You will someitmes have to wait a long time... but he will give you the time you need when you need it... this is a tradeoff but quality care is worth a little wait.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Michael A. McKibben's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)