Ratings for Dr. Ivica Ducic

Dr ducic took a life away. He did nerve excision which should never have been done. Changed a humans life forever. The pain is unbearable and there is no correcting it. Dont do excisions people. They will not follow up if you are in pain. They only keep track of their success to keep their ratings high. Dont do surgery here. Youve been warned.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr. Ducic gave me my life back. I have always had migraines but they were uncontrollable for 11 months, including a new symptom of left eye pain that felt like a screwdriver being pounded into my eye with a hammer. Numerous neurology visits only increased the number of pills I was taking but not relief. The Spine Clinic did help with C-3 injections from the blinding migraines but the left eye pain was not relieved. I was in Fairfax Hospital on the stroke ward for a week, the pain was so intense the doctors really thought I was going to have a stoke. I had a migraine induced TIA (mini stroke) in 2000, I was hospitalized for three days. The pain management doctor at Fairfax Hospital referred me to Dr. Ducic ( he is associated with Johns-Hopkins). I did hate the automatic phone system and trying to reach a human but my appointment was within two weeks. I came in with the four MRI's, two CAT scans and blood labs results. Dr. Ducic said as many tests as I had had the past months, if nothing showed up, nothing was there to explain the pain. Basically, my pain nerves were switched on and nothing could switch them off except surgery. He explained the surgery and I told him I didn't care if he cut my eye out and I would wear a patch like a pirate. The surgery was scheduled and when I woke up in recovery my left eye pain was gone. I have very few (not daily) headaches which I can control with very little medicines and have stopped the 12 pills a day the neurologist prescribed. Most people, like me, that have lived with migraines, suck it up and keep on going, but the pain I had (in addition to the migraine) was in the first thing I felt in the mornings and the last thing I felt at night, 24/7, there was no relief. My recovery time was longer than the printed hand out, but I was sicker than most patients (and probably older). Dr. Ducic did not repeat any tests (did I mention four MRI's in a few months). I am not sure how many more tests I could have taken. Dr. Ducic is not the answer to first line treatment. Dr. Ducic can give you back your life when the pain has overtaken you. I had my first migraine at age 13 so if I could have a life for 50 years with migraines but could not longer live with the current pain level, something had to be done and no doctor was helping until Dr. Ducic. He did give me my life back. Janis Lenderman

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

I have written this facility twice to inquire about services and specialties, I gave a rating of 3 because I received the same automated email response both times making it sound like my inquiry was discussed with the doctor....with instructions to follow regarding sending records and payment for review. The email response says, "he thinks he can help you" ... had I not written a second time, I would have not known it was a form letter sent out automated. This is my red flag, as I see it as totally unethical for something like that to be sent without knowing the personal details of that patient. This dr could very well be sitting up the sick and desperate for a disappointment that they cannot handle when they have been to other dr's who did not have the knowledge to help them with. I am not willing to hand over money to automated email instructions. My contact with this office is very suspicious. I am a human, I want to be dealt with as such. Emai should be an acceptable way to contact staff for info regarding his specialty.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Seeking peripheral nerve entrapment opinions. Suggested surgery for nerve dissection but I didn't have it performed by him because he seemed too quick to cut without proper evaluation. Likes to get in and out of exam room quickly. Did not review MRI reports, imaging, operative reports or thoroughly read case history. Did not provide suggestions, options, exam or evaluation. Waiting area is designed with brochures for cosmetic and plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

The parking is a nightmare, the facility is confusing and has elevators that run incredibly slow, and the waiting room is extremely claustrophobic. Due to my case being a workman's compensation issue, it took nearly 3 months to get an appointment with Dr. Ducic. His staff is incompetent and somewhat rude. To top it all off it took nearly 2 hours of waiting to see this physician. I walked out without being seen. I had to still pay the parking at the 5 dollar validated rate. I do not believe a physcian's bedside manner can be good when something like this happens. I recommend seeing a sliding scale clinic or even the ER to get faster healthcare service. I felt that I was discrimated against, my time was taken advantage of because I am an workman's compensation case. Overall, this took my entire afternoon and I wish to warn others with my negative experience about going to this facility and this physician.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Fantastic doctor!!! Did nerve surgery on my elbow that other doctors did not want to do. Great staff and short wait times.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

he changed my life and is amazing. He has an incredible bedside manner as well.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I went to doctors for 9 years and no one could help with my pain. They all tried to medicate me to releive the pain. Untill...... Dr Ducic found I have 2 entrapped nereve's . After s short 45 minute surgey BOOM no more pain ! He has given me my life back !! would recommend him to anyone suffering from any type of pain that involves nerve problem or unexplained pain no one can figure out !! A++++++thank you DR. Ducic

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Ducic confirmed the diagnosis from another doctor of a very rare syndrome and performed surgery to prevent further nerve damage. He basically gave me back my life after living in hell for two years in extreme pain.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I came out of major surgery with a serious infection that my doctors couldn't cure; after they decided to remove my leg, I asked Dr. Ducic for his help. He saved my leg and my life and I would never go into surgery again without him in the room.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Ivica Ducic's Credentials

• Univ Of Zagreb, Med Fak, Zagreb, Croatia (Grad. 1991)