Ratings for Dr. Moehanid N. Talia

When hospitalized on 2 occasions (2 yrs apart)due to the errors of other doctors, Dr. Talia came to my rescue on BOTH occasions. On one of those occasions, he LITERALLY saved my life. MY husband and I find him to be kind, genuine, compassionate, and a great representative of what all doctors should be. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to have met this man, and would (and have!) recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Talia treated my mother at least 2x in the hospital. We feel that he doesnt listen to our concerns. The last visit, her regular doc (Dr. C) visited 2x & thought she had pneumonia. I spoke to Dr. T about this. Dr. C spoke to him at least once & suggested a different antibiotic (she was being treated for a UTI tho her urine culture was Neg). Dr. T made no changes in her treatment to address these concerns. After 1 wk, he released her to rehab. W/in 4 hours, she was in respiratory arrest & "moments from expiring" (to quote ER doc). I was making arrangements to take her home to die when her new doctor said tests indicated she was extremely septic (WBC = 36) & had pneumonia. They saved her life & she is now recovering. If she had been diagnosed earlier, she probably would have made a faster/more complete recovery. In Dr. Ts care, to my knowledge, a blood culture was not done or considered, even though she had more signs of being septic than is the medical standard.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. Moehanid N. Talia's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1991)