Ratings for Dr. Mischelle McMillan

After an entire year of establishing care for my 83 year old mother, who had recently moved to the area, the doctor and staff literally up and disappeared. My mother received a one paragraph long letter stating that the doctor would no longer be practicing. There was no mention of why or what was going on. There was no attempt to assist with finding a new physician. It was the most unprofessional letter I have ever read. Terrible to do something like that to an elderly patient.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

This d6octor is responsi4ble for saving my life on more than one occasion. I also love her willingness to refer me to specialists if she doesn't know about a specific problem

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Wonderful doctor. I've been seeing Dr. McMillan for over 10 years. She is a supportive doctor who listens to my needs and works with me to find a solution. She has been my family doctor for quite some time and always remembers to ask about other family members when I'm in and send her well wishes. I'm surprised to see negative comments that are contradictory. One says she wasted time and recommended vitamin C, while the other said she wouldn't consider supplements and vitamins. I've not encountered these issues - she once recommended a Vitamin D supplement when I was making a transition moving from a sunny state back to cloudy Oregon. We generally discuss supplement, over-the-counter and prescription options. Strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. McMillan is a caring, trusted doctor. I have been seeing her for over 10 years. The staff is always nice and will call back when necessary. Dr. M will call herself with lab results and guidance. My husband received a letter dropping him from her practice. If she feels you are not a good match or the patient is non-compliant, it is well within her right to drop said patient. I always get in and gave had to wait maybe 2-3 times in all the years I've been seeing her. She truly cares about her patients and will make referrals when necessary. I will always recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr McMillan's for at least 15 years. She has helped me thru may major life issues, always supporting me. If you are a person who is Dr shopping and want a quick prescription, she is not for you. She listens, gives good advice, and looks at the holistic person, not just your diagnosis. Dr McMillan will suggest over the counter drugs if she feels they will work for you, always looking for alternatives. When she does prescribe medications, they work for what the problem is. Her staff is wonderful and when leaving the office, I feel supportive and not alone in my medical issues. Questions and phone calls are answered quickly and honestly. Only necessary test are done, saving money and time. Her personality is one of caring, respect and I can tell her work is a continuation of who she is as a person, not just someone doing a job for money. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a caring, respectful, and professional doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. McMillan for approximately 15 years. She has provided me with excellent medical care over this time. Her diagnosis of my medical ( and sometimes psychological ) problems have been spot on. She not only cares for her patient's health but also cares about the person she is treating. She is always generous with her time and consistently explains her diagnosis in a manner which I can understand. I highly recommend her and plan to have her as my primary care physician for as long as she continues to practice medicine. Besides being very professional in her practice she has a lovely sense of humor which is good for anyone who comes to her as a patient. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. McMillan is very knowledgeable in understanding and treating my very complicated medical diagnosis. She spends a lot of time discussing my situation in order to get my treatment right. I really appreciate the time she spends with me and the treatment she has provided. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I like dr. mc Millan. I found her approach to medical treatment very refreshing. she's understanding about my condition and treats me with respect. there is always a person that answers the phone and appointments are easy to get..wait time is short..everyone is nice and friendly.i would recommend her to friends and family

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

I love the fact I always get a person when I call. Have been a patient for over 9 years. Dr.McMillan is generous with her time and very kind hearted. I feel she truly cares.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Most insulting medical experience of my life! Whether she had a personal problem or just decided to downsize, I received a letter after eight years of being a patient, instructing me to find a new physician. None of the office staff could explain the cause, and despite two calls to the office she never returned the call to explain her action. Erratic is the overarching term. While she can be very friendly and patient focused, the odds are equally good she'll regale you with stories of her life and share all the problems she's going through. Continued me on a medication even after a negative study--which my new physician changed immediately! Mis-diagnosed a torn retina, but did refer me to an ophthalmologist "just in case".....fortunately!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Dr. Mischelle McMillan's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)