Ratings for Dr. Tiffany L. Quan

My son went to Dr. Quan for 4 years, until we started getting second opinions. They had my son on 5 medications for allergies, when we noticed that my son seemed to have problems hearing us we made an appointment. The Dr. said his hearing was fine. We got a second opinion from a Dr. at another practice. This new Dr. actually took the time to test his ear fluid. As it turns out my son had so much fluid in his ears that he was only hearing at 46%. We switched to the new Dr. p.s. Super slow! my wife once waited 1:45 min. in the exam room. If you request any paperwork (for school enrollment) they will never call you back, you will just have to go down there 2 weeks later. Then expect to wait 30min. while they find your papers between other various stacks of lost paperwork.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Unfriendly staff at front desk. Nurses are average. Dr. Quan is slightly above average. Biggest issue: always a long wait - like plan on being there hours; it is crowded and the waiting room is very small, so the ill are seated next to the healthy patients just needing annual checkups. I continue to use her only because my son has multiple medical issues and it is too difficult to get a new one up to speed about his medical history.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

We've used her with two different insurances that is the reason for varying co-pay

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

I showed up 5 minutes late to appt. Caught a nurse coming out and begged to get my daughters flu shot - she said absolutely and took us in even thought they were closed! Great staff! Took 24 hours to fill out some preschool paperwork and only a $5 charge - that's cheap and extremely fast! Got referal to dermatologist for my daughter and it took only 2 days to get it! Fit me in several times when I had no appt. for my daughter. Also, at my last visit a lady came in with her ill son and they fit her in. Have never meet Dr. Quan, but Dr. Toopon (sp?) seems nice and knowlegable. Language barrier for sure, but did seem to be correct on diagnosing my daughter's issues. Overall, better than okay, certainly not the best in the world, but I have no complaints really. I would recommend this office to friends.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

The staff is HORRIBLE! They constantly confuse my son with another patient with the same last name. Referral process takes forever, I waited a week for a referral for a doctor who was going to close his office in 3 days. Then I had to wait another wee while my 18 month son suffered from severe skin rashes. The wait time is never under 1 hr. to actually see the doctor. They simply have too many patients and not enough dr's or support staff. I am switching doctors as soon a I can.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

After several years we finally left Quan -- she herself is great, that is when you can catch her at the office but having to deal with her staff's CONSTANT violations of your privacy by loudly announcing your personal medical and insurance info, is intolerable. We also have been switched to other doctors covering for her and they were OK, but if one expects to see Quan they shd see her and no one else. If you are seeking very basic service this is the place for you.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

I love Dr. Quan & Dr. Ta- I have been with them for 7 years- BUT their front office staff is rude and unprofessional. I have put up with it because I love Dr. Quan & Dr. Ta. I refused to see Dr. Thoophon(?). She will not ever treat my kids again! My 15 mth old was seen by the her for her 9 mth well babycheck on a Monday- taken back 2 dys later because difficutly breathing & by that Friday night my baby was in Urgent Care being transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital for bronchitis & pneumonia! Throughout that week she insisted nothing was wrong & she was not wheezing. My baby was admitted to the hospital for 3 days & kept under a tent for her breathing. At the hospital Dr. Quan showed up and was in disbelief of her associate but acted professional. Dr. Quan rediagnosed my baby & within days was better. Needless to say I have an appt. to change doctors. I'm sorry to say that I will miss Dr. Quan & Dr. Ta but the other people around them wil not be missed for 1 second.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Worst Doctor I have ever met. My son has Dr. Quan yet every time he goes he gets Dr. Thoophon. My son went in for a cold and she said he had to wait it out and made me feel stupid for bringing him in. A week later he is still not better and now having breathing problems and she is giving me crap.... telling me I should have got him looked at sooner. I know he cant breath....I did have looked at sooner....I'm not stupid. She doesn't know what she doing. She shouldn't be allowed to treat people kids. She has costed me $20 each time I take him which has been 3 times and $100 for the er visit because of the breathing problems (all within a 2 week span). If you are thinking about using Dr. Quan as your doctor know this, she is rarely in and Dr. Thoophon is not that bright and takes down to you.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

I love Dr. Quan, but she is only in the office a few days a week. The other days she has another associate see my kids who is very nice, but she totally misdiagnosed my son. The poor guy was in pain for over a week. I finally took him to a different doctor who immediately diagnosed him correctly and he got better right away. Same thing happened with my daughter. Also, we always waited a long time to see the doctor. It seems like it was always an average of 45 minutes...one time it was even longer than that.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

She is very kind and patient and was a great help to my son's medical conditions--thorough exam and quick referral. Very knowlegeable and very clean office.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Dr. Tiffany L. Quan's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 2000)