Ratings for Dr. Barry R. Ellman

The staff is very incompetent. They were not very helpful when I called for a prescription.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PHYSICIAN. He does not assist in discussing your medical care, gives his opinion and when you ask questions he became offended and very condescending. He has no empathy for patient and their ongoing illness and just repeated that he already stated his opinion without discussing symptoms and diagnosis. He basically will just state he recommends surgery, the same as the referring physician and radiologist but has no concern with trying to assist in proper diagnosis. Referred for GB surgery with NO Gallstones. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PHYSICIAN.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I don't know about his abilities as a surgeon...didn't want his services. His bedside manner is horrible. He over talks, doesn't listen, non-compassionate, arrogant and egotistical. I wouldn't trust him with a butter knife. Forget the scapel. His staff on the other hand are wonderful, caring people. Why work for such a JERK!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Best doctor in town. Gave me six months to live. All other doctors said i be dead in less. Would definitely recommend...

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Dr. Elllman is by far one of the best and most compassionate doctors i have ever had to deal with. He was deeply interested in my well being, and very knowedgeable in his profession. Would'nt hesitate for a minute to recomend him

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

I felt that this doctor was extremely unprofessional. He didnt listen, attempt to make me feel welcome, explain or consider any treatment options whatsoever, or answer any of my related health questions and concerns. I felt mistreated, disrespected, belittled and violated by his diagnostic procedures. He seemed uninterested during the entire examination. I felt he was disregarding my health concerns. I would not recommend his care to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2007

Dr. Barry R. Ellman's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Commercial Insurance Company